My Small Set-up

afr3178

Hey everyone. This is just a pic of my bedroom wall... My parents haven't allowed me to get a fish room so I just make do with the space I have lol. I'll post more pics soon!

The big bottom tank is my macrostoma tank and the other 6 are for my fighters :)

c8616fb1.jpg

The shelves are pretty strong... They are made of metal and drilled into studs in the wall. Each bracket said it can hold 60kg and there are 6 brackets and those tanks are really light... Like 6kg each. They've been up for a couple of months. I'm just not trusting to put a bigger tank on there but it holds my little tanks well anyway :)

I've started spreading into the lounge... Lol. I need more space! Haha. Guess its the garage's turn next lol.

Just realised in the pic the shelves look sort of curved in the middle... I can tell you they are very straight and no curve lol. Just the angle I guess.. And a camere phone doesn't help..

Edited by afr3178

As Zui said, doesn't matter about having a fish room, as long as you enjoy it - and can fit a few tanks in there. :)

I have similar shelving that you have your fighters on. Mostly for my inverts/foodcultures and probably a few Bettas in there too. They work well, as long as you check the weight capacity.

How long is your Mac tank?

You can fit a lot more in. Find somewhere else for the bits and pieces and you can fit tanks in between. Plus you could add another row of shelves which means an additional 9 tanks more than what you have. LOL do it do it I dare ya!! *lol*

I still have more racks and a couple tanks to go in yet!

Sorry for the hijack!

Back on subject... take 'Razzi's advice yeah! Put all your bits and bobs in a plastic storage container and slot it somewhere.

Haha. I don't think the shelves would be able to hold another 9 tanks! I'll see what my dad says, but he's already thrown the idea of a third shelf around :) maybe that will happen in the near future... My only problem is filling the tanks. Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Unfortunately my dad said that the shelves won't hold another 9 tanks... I'm sure I can add more though, probably another shelf.

If I were to fill the tanks then place them on the shelf, would they break in the moving process when full? Thanks.

Edited by afr3178

Yeah, I know what you're saying about the extra 9 tanks but my dad said that it wouldn't be able to hold the weight. Like the studs or something.

@MT Syndrome- I don't heat the tanks because A. They're too small (6 liters) and I don't want to buy heaters for them because the total cost would be a bit... B. my house is always above 20°C and they're happy in the temp. I think you should decorate your walls with some tanks! Lol.

Mate that looks good.

It all comes from small beginnings and then grows from there..

When you get your own place you might have the capacity to fill your entire garage full of tanks and as much of your house as possible..

But remember, each tank you put in contains in it a lot more work you need to perform ;)

Thanks davo! It'll be a couple more years before I move out... But at the rate I'm going I'll need to buy a big house for all of my tanks! Lol. The work is worth it in the end I think :)

I don't think I'll be adding to my shelves any time soon... I just need to find space for some empty tanks I have sitting around first... Lol.

It is not work if you enjoy it ! The day it becomes work is the day you should give it awa, because it means you have lost the passion and are not putting your whole self into it