Empty tank

Em

It is. I wonder if the ammonia could have evaporated along with the water so that it condensed and found its way into the containers? I don't think the fish caused it, as other fish with the same water and water change timing had no problems. It was just those three floating in the cycling tank... and there was no way any ammonia-water could splash or dip into those containers.

I still think a school of:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clown Killies or Clown Panchax Pseudoepiplatys annulatus

would look great in a tank. Actually I know this for a fact ;) Since I have a school of 10 in a tank ;) - need females though :)

Here in Canberra I've seen them between $3.95 to $7.95 ea. cheaper if you buy numbers. Currently BayFish have it on their list. So you should be order them through any shop that gets their fish from bay. AI might also have them, but you have to check.

Should also mention these guys are the size of an adult neon tetra! So not very big.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: They are very easy to keep as long as you do not neglect your tank they thrive. I would say they are less sensitive than guppies!!! Breeding is a little tricky! :applaud: Getting eggs is not a problem. Hatching the fry is not a problem either. But due to the size of the fry feeding them can be a bit of a problem. Though for those who play around with betta fry it is not that much of a challenge :D

Thanks Serkan. I noticed they are on Bays list lately. They seem like the fry would be like raising Trichopsis pumila. The fry are soo teeny, lots of algae and java moss for the fry to feed off first the few weeks? I have seen pairs of Aphyosemion australe at a shop around here and I so tempted to buy a pair as they are $20 a pair. (Not sure if I want to breed too much in winter, it's so cold here.) Along with some other Aphyosemions (not sure which ones, they aren't labelled)

Archived