The Betta Australis May - June Raffle

Just a quick preview of the prize the lucky winner of our raffle will win.

Tickets will go on sale on 15th May and will be drawn at our June meeting. Stay tuned for more details...

Raffle.jpg

Raffle2.jpg

This is a test piece I stenciled onto canvas. I plan to do a series of these for my fishroom upgrade. They will be a limited addition run. One version for me and a copy (in another colour) to be donated to the club for fundraising. I plan on making a VT, CT, HM, HMPK...

Edited by shadoh

I am absolutely in love with this Jarrod! I love pop art! I'll defiantly be buying a few tickets, I've been looking for something for my hallway that really pops out at you, I need 3 for the whole lenght though haha this would look perfect in my room anyway, what colours will the rest be? This one would have to be my favourite so far!

Thanks Matt. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing to my fishroom re-design. A painting or two on each wall.

I'll be doing a larger version of the blue VT, a Black Orchid HM and an Orange or Yellow (possibly dragon) HMPK.

Oooh I get what you mean by stencils now! I was thinking you only did the outline and blocked it in but you used a stencil to paint in in a similar way you would screen print?

Mum wants me to do something similar for the hallway outside my room, I'll be screen printing though because I will be graded on it so I get to use the schools equipment.

I am curious about how it's framed, are only the base and sides framed, am I missing something? My iPad screen protector is so gross, dirty and cloudy I can't see any detail on anything ATM, needs a clean.

They aren't framed Matt. I've painted the base and sides a blue colour to make it look like the edges of a glass tank and the fish are swimming inside... go clean your iPad screen! *lol*

Oooh I see it now, I was so confused!

It's just the screen protector, it's so when you eat with it it doesn't make the real screen dirty, I put my food on it at lunch because it is cleaner than the table top :) if you spill like tacos or milk or soy sauce on it it's really hard to get clean though...