The Caboolture Show Betta Competition

shadoh

Well I'm not free to hike back up there until Sunday. If anyone goes up beforehand, I'd love to know the results, both personally and as committee member/webmaster so I can publish results on the club website.

Caboolture show results

Judges: Todd Knight (IBC Qualified), Greg Ure (IBC Apprentice)

Class 5B - Betta splendens

1. Halfmoon Male

1st  #7 White - Jay Cottrell 

2nd #30 Mustard Blue Multicolour - someone Matheson

3rd #22 Copper Red Multicolour - Jade Gallagher

Highly Commended #5 Multicolour - Matt Thomas

2. Crowntail Male

1st #4 Black Green Multicolour - Peta Ryan

2nd #19 Marble - Jarrod Nielsen

3rd #3 Marble - Peta Ryan

3. Plakat Male

1st #31 Yellow - someone Matheson

2nd #26 Traditional Copper - someone Matheson 

3rd #17 Metallic Blue - Jarrod Nielsen

4. Veiltail Male

1st #2 Cambodian Multicolour - Peta Ryan

2nd #29 Red - someone Matheson

3rd #25 Bicolour Dragon - someone Matheson

Highly Commended #1 Blue Cambodian - Peta Ryan

5. Female - any tail type

1st #28 Red Doubletail HM - someone Matheson

2nd #15 Opaque White HM - Jarrod Nielsen

3rd #13 White CT - Paul Duffey

6. Any other tail type

1st #20 Blue CT PK - Jarrod Nielsen

2nd #23 White DT HM PK - someone Matheson

3rd #24 Red DT HM - someone Matheson

Champion Betta #31 Yellow HM PK Male - someone Matheson

What's not???????

oops my bad. I didn't see that we had flicked over to page three. Last post I read this morning was Busman saying that it is tomorrow already. I was just saying no it's not tomorrow.

Caboolture show results

Champion Betta #31 Yellow HM PK Male - someone Matheson

Oh, just how unfair is it that someone can pull a random betta off the shelf in her store and win Champion Betta. I wonder who the lucky person is who has the yellow HM plakat pair on hold. Your boy won best betta in show.

And congratulations to someone who's wild Mahachai male won Best In Show as well.

Congratulations to all participants and winners. Hopefully next year the Betta competition will be larger, with many more home grown entrants.

Edited by briztoon

As we all get more used to showing fish and develop an eye for what makes a good show fish, we all stand a better chance. Let's not forget that the more fish an individual enters, the better chance they stand of placing. It would be nice to have an endless supply to choose from though ;)

Don't forget we have the big Betta Show this September!!!! There will be plenty more home grown bettas as well as interstate entries :D

I'm most proud of my 3rd place Metallic Blue PK boy, who I bred :D :D

I said to someone today, next year I would like to enter bettas that I have bred, not ones that I have bought off the shelf.

But that's not to devalue any store bought fish. If you have the eye to pick a quality fish off the shelf, more power to you. Me, I tend to pick out bettas that have so many faults, they're not worth entering in a show, but they look very nice to the casual observer.

Hey Bristoon at least you have shelfs to pick from :drool: spare a thought for the members in states that dont:((. Congrates to all winners and I cant wait for the next show. a big thank you to Jarrod for those vids

Cheers

Les

Hey Les, can't wait for the next show either... Keep an eye on the forum next Wednesday, I'll be making an announcement that may help you interstate members of Betta Australis get your hands on some decent breeding stock or entrants for the next show! (hey, if you have a spawn tank ready it may not be too late to breed a show winner or two...)

Can't say much more than that right now ;)

Hey Jarrod

I can always make room for spawns and tanks are never a problem I just make more :giggle:. I have just got all my home grown leaf out of the leaf press (IAL so dont go thinking funny stuff) and now I am going to wait till wednesday till you tell me whats going on:confused:. Is this venture going to cost much? (MMMM there goes the Mac money again:byebye:) Its good weather to post fish so yes Im in

Cheers

les

Hey Jarrod

Now thats a tees, 1, 2, and 4 would look sooooo nice in my spawn tanks:drool:. They are amazing prizes, and it just goes to show how great this club is if you can give members the opertunity to win such fish. great work guys.

Cheers

Les