les

Smaragdina & Brownorum

Today I swaped seven Chanoides for a pair of Smaragdina and a pair of Brownorum they are mature fish that are ready to breed so let the games begin. tomorrow they will be settled in to there new homes and the katapang and Banana leaf love tea will be made. fingers crossed that I get a spawn in before the wether breaks

Cheers

les

Hey Phil, if you are wanting some channoides, have a word to Paul (Busman) at next months meeting - he has fry at the moment :D

Good trade Les. Brownorum are stunning little fish. Hopefully they breed for you. Mine are a bit small at the moment to do anything but flare at each other and eat.

If anyone ever wants any channoides for cheap, come on down to Melbourne and take my trio off my hands. They are like guppies. The female lurks around waiting to jump my poor males. I hate mouth-brooders lol.

Agreed, Brownorum have the most amazing colours... I love their spot :D It really stands out against the red!

Second MTS's call, remember Les, no photos, they don't exists. :-).

You will have to do an updated photo of your mate, you seem to have a lot more fish now. Lol.

Maybe you need Ness's 12 step program??

Ok guys, The computer says NO LOL ( Little Briten )

I went out and took lots of pics but Photobucket wont open up the bulk pic upload :devil: so I realy am a bit stuck till I can figer it out???????

HELP

Cheers

Les

How to Fix (almost) Everything On Photobucket

Joey

posted this on Mar 01 02:13 pm

inShare

These are the first steps you should take when you have problems on Photobucket:

Clear out your browser's cache and cookies.

Then make sure Javascript is enabled.

Log back in to Photobucket and see if your issue is fixed.

How embarassing I feel asleep at the computer whilst fixing up Photo bucket and have only just been wakend up:embarrass:

So down to pictures these pics are of the Smaragdina pair

IMG_0475.jpg

[iIMG_0471.jpg

MG]

They were not to happy being taken out of there home which is a tub. I choose the tub as there will be no outside disterbancess for them and with heeps of floating plants they dont seen to mind me viewing from the top. The male has ammazing green iradecence on his gill plates, around the eye and on his dorsel

Cheers

Les

Hey BH

yes it is happening a lot lately I fell asleep at the super market whilst waiting for my wife, I only woke up couse I must of realised I was sliping off the bench, There was a little kid watching me and he was laughing so hard I told him if he didnt stop he was likly to pee his self and I would point and laugh at him., but his mum came along and told him not to be rude.

Cheeers

Les

I forgot to put the Brownorum Pics in so hear goes

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Thats from when I first got them home they have taken on much more couler now and I must say they are the most gracefull movers I have come across yet

Cheers

Les

Is No one going to say thats not a Smaragdina and tell me what it realy is? Come on Guys

Cheers

Les

And the tail and drosel are all wrong. I am thinking Belica it has all the ticks but then again I am no expert :confused: But I am confused.

Cheers

Les

no expert here either..could be bellica, but simorum possibly..simorum are very like bellice, but have a lot of blue..................and 5 years ago Bayfidh had simorum for sale, for quite a long time...had both at 1 stage, bred bellica several times

bellica and simorum are much larger fish than smaragdina... by at least 3 - 5 cm longer....

just looking at the pics in the books...some bellicas seem to have quite a lot of blue in them also..Yes11 both bellica and simorum about 4 inches long...had a male simorum, which lived every day of 5 years from adult size

Thaks guys, I will talk with the guy that gave them to me tommorow so I can get to the bottom of it and will let you know the outcome

Cheers

les

Well the girl has passed on, (they had a fight and she died of her wounds) now but he still remains I have put a Betta Falx in his tank and they had a bit of a dust up that was started by the Pasive smaradina

IMG_0600.jpg

He is looking a lot greener and his head has changed a little but he still looks like a bit of a Mong

Cheers

les