shadoh

The Betta Australis Offical Website...

OK, I've seen a few of you peeking while I'm slaving away on the site... *lol* I thought I might as well bring it out into the open.

The Betta Australis web site is now online! I still have a lot of content to add and a few minor layout changes, but the general framework is there. Throughout the week, I'll be adding more and more content, so don't forget to check back.

http://bettaaustralis.com

For those members who want to register to view the private section, I'm not setting up users or the private section until I finish the public side of things. The members section will contain meeting minutes, club documents, electronic club welcome packs and much more...

Aren't we there yet? :P

Now everyone who checks out the new web site - go to the membership form and fill it out - become a member!!!!!!!!

Thanks Wayne - yes, please fill in a form, I didn't spend hours trying to find creative ways to imbed it into the site just to make it look pretty! *lol*

Looks very smart J, what's the CMS you're using for that site? (if indeed it is one)

Can't wait to see it with all the care sheets and photos, looks like no small feat!

oh p.s. your Betta Australis image in your signature links to BrisBetta website... i'm a lazy clicker!

Noice!

x

Thanks Ness, I'm building it on Joomla. Too hard not to use a CMS for a site that has the potential to get HUGE!

I'm currently working on a sample gallery. It should be uploaded in 10 mins :D

I have just finished uploading the Betta Care Sheet to the website and was about to copy and paste it to create a downloadable PDF version, then I discovered a little module that I could add to the page to self generate one in a single click. I am impressed and it has allowed me to go to bed earlier than expected...

It turned this into this!

Looks fantastic mate. You are doing a fantastic job. I hope people do appreciate the time and effort you have put into getting the club to this point. None of it would have happened without your effort and drive. :-).

Get excited people, this is the official Aussie chapter of the IBC. Join the club, get involved, this is YOUR club. Lots of up coming events, shows ect. For local members, come along to the meeting, tell us what you want out of the club, participate. :-). For not so local members, you can still be active in the club. We will have monthly draws for ALL members, prizes posted out. Lots of ideas in the works to allow all members to participate in upcoming comps and shows.

A nice Betta Australis Best In Show trophy would look good in YOUR house.

Thanks mate. I won't lie, it's been a lot of hard work, but I'm beginning to see the point where I can just sit back and enjoy myself. Thanks to those who have helped and supported us along the way :D

The site looks awesome mate :D have advertised it a bit on qldaf, got in trouble for having your brissy betta banner in my signature lol so had to take that out... but betta australis is posted everywhere i can think of ;) I think its great somebody put the time and effort into this and its even better to see all the support you have been given :D Thumbs up to ya jarrod and everybody else involved :D

P.s If i can help out in any way jus lemme know ;) i'm great with making movies (advertisement etc) ;) even tho im sure you would have most of it covered thought id offer anyway :)

Phil :)

i see the website is getting good hits considering its new :) 12 guests online atm lol c'mon ppl who's checkin it out? ;), what do ya's think? I'm liking it so far :) good work on getting the tail types up and a nice pic of the channoides from busman in the wild types :) cant wait for more info (especially imbelis species :P ) Great work Guys :D :D (yes i'm watchin you's ;) lol)

So that was you lurking while I was working away? Stalker or what! *lol*:P

Thanks mate!

Anyone out there have photos of the following tail types that I could use for the site:

Traditional Plakat

Crowntail Plakat

Combtail

lol yup was me <_< .. :D i've noticed theres always 2 other people and i mean ALWAYS lol dunno if its ALWAYS you + someone else.. but still your initial post was right about slaving away :P going up pretty quick. I sent you an email of the pics i have (you prob got heaps to sought through now tho) sorry i couldnt be much help :)

Great timing with the email tho.. Must've known we were all lurking ;)

Edited by betta_hobbyist

I might have been the other early on... :P

I haven't got a lot of top qual pics that meet your request, but this was a PK boy that I initially tried to breed with another boy (he was one of my first bettas/breeding attempts - noooob mistake!).

M4H006141.jpg

And here's the boy that tested his sexual identity LOL

DSC00269-1.jpg

Looks very professional mate. Every time I look there are always people looking. Even at 7am there are a few. :-).

Maybe a clinic/disease area could be something to add in the future. Just an idea.

I can't remember if I've comment on how great this is or not?

Well, you've all done a wonderful job - it's so exciting Betta Australis is up and running! All your work has payed off now. :Dapplaud.gif.gif

Popped the Banner/link onto my blog, should get a few hits from that... generally get around 300 daily on average.

@Paul, that's great - the PK photo, not your failed boy on boy spawning attempt *lol*

@Busman- I know I'm half asleep - I first read your comment as suggesting that the site had so many people looking because they were in a disease clinic. I was trying to work out the punchline before I re-read it *lol*

@Sarah - thanks :) 300 hits a day you say? That's very impressive!!!

Lol. Did you get my emails this morning?? Took forever to send them (I hate optus). Some rare fish amongst that lot of photos. LMFAO.

Yes, they came through. Thanks. A lot I hadn't seen before - you must have been sitting on those...lol

See what you mean about rare. I've heard of a glass catfish, but never a glass betta! Speaking of catfish, I think that photo of the catfish you sent through needs to go into the clinic page... It looks a little "furry" mind you I have no idea how to treat that condition.

Lol. Furry catfish is cured with tummy rub. :-).

Glass betta is the very rare, very expensive black orchid that has completely cello'd out with blue irids.