shadoh

Teal/Copper HMPK

This guy has the best form out of the fish I have left from the Orange Marble HMPK spawn (I am sure I let a few better ones slip through my fingers - I do it every time it comes time to move them on...) I know he has plenty of faults, but could use a fresh pair of eyes on him.

1-17.jpg

VERY much like the colours.....

His top line looks a little lumpy and the anal fin could be a tiny bit shorter but apart from that i think he's definitely a winner Jarrod....

Maybe a bit more colour coverage towards the head (would be stunning if he was full mask) but hard to see in the shadow of the flash.

Thanks Wayne, he's the guy in my avatar. His colours without flash are something in the middle of the two - it is hard to capture. He has a little irid on his cheeks. I think by putting him with a full mask girl, that would help. The topline is an improvement on his dad and is something I hope to improve on in the next generation.

Heres a bigger pic of my avatar. He's a little younger here, but you can see his head a bit better and the improvement in his caudal since training him... Shame the copper doesn't show up in this pic...

3-11.jpg

very nice even/straight rays :) beautiful coloration and over all nice form, theres nothing really at fault with him that i can see except what fishbites has already said about the anal fin and top line. very nice job mate :)

A full mask girl will be a great partner for him Jarrod..... look forward to the next gen....

someone has this girl available at the moment...

Any thoughts on compatibility?

you mean like a nice copper / black girl or similar?

That would work well although the full mask blue girl could produce some nice green / blue / steel fry with who knows what patters given the marble gene .....

I'm going to put a net under the limb incase Yan falls.... I agree :) get both and spawn both females with him!

He's nice Jarrod - love the D shape caudal and sharp edges, he's got fairly even branching - I'd keep an eye on this as the female would want to have spotless straight V shape branching as opposed to the Y shape, just in terms of what to look for to improve.

His dorsal design seems good, and I like his anal fin - not too much excessive branching toward the back that can blow out the proportions of PK

keep an eye on ray straightness in her - i'd suggest a complimentary short straight anal fin on her...

Topline - yep but you can tidy that up quickly - be mindful of hers.

His black seems quite dark, and the irids are spread/limited/marbled/craaaaaa craaazy

I'd love to see a dark based metallic female with him and marble metallic beh-bies phlus

Without criting the female - HYPOTHETICALLY she'd be a good match

A long body would stretch his form out, you would want to be sure her dorsal base was sufficent, and her anal finnage sported the afore mentioned traits.

But on a more general note - they'd be lufly together.

He's very nice - so is that shot with the white backgrund.

x

Thanks Ness, I'd been hoping to get your in depth opinion.

Perhaps I don't need to purchase a female for him. I might have exactly what I need under my nose...

I could breed him back to his mother if I can get her interested...

O4.jpg

O3.jpg

She is solid metallic now.

Also, I have 2 very tidy HM girls with full masks - 1 steel blue and one royal blue. Could be a start of a HM Metallic Marble line... Or, I could use my Metallic Turquoise CT girl. She carries yellow, so it could be a start of a Metallic Marble HMPK line... Oh the possibilities :D

Nice male Jarrod! In terms of critique, I couldn't help but notice the irregular rays in the back of the anal fin.

A couple if longer front rays in the dorsal would also be ideal.

The mother has a fairly narrow dorsal, or appears to in the photos, so I would probably look for a different unrelated female with a more generous dorsal. Also the last rays on her caudal are shorter than the others so spawining her may produce rounder tails. I would look for a different female, simply because they are related so the chance of these 2 characteristics appearing in the offspring is increased.

Yes, most of this spawn had rounded caudals. I dont want to increase my chances of getting more. The next generations will be a bit of work, but should be worth it. I am very proud of this boy! It's a shame that the 2 siblings sisters that I kept have red fins - a colour I want to steer the following generations away from. I have some very tidy HM girls I could put him with. Second generation will see short tails back and I might even get a long tailed version of this boy :D

im in love. not much i can fault on him that hasnt already been covered. be proud of him is all i can say on the matter.

Price wise, I can only tell you what I usually sell them for (sorry, nothing available right now...) I usually sell the males for $15 and Females $10. $20 for a pair.