eeeep! I'm excited

Pixie

Hey guys,

So i ordered these to start me off - I took the images from the You Tube clip of the seller, Hope that's not breaking any rules or anything :blush: (Let me know if i am, I'll delete them - Promise!) i'm just super excited!! lol Can't wait for them to arrive and to take better photos.

:cheer:

What do you think?

The first pair are described as gold

fighter1.png

fighter2.png

and this one is described as a Dragon/butterfly/salamander/not sure? lol he has a female with him but i didn't take a capture of her.

fighter3.png

Yay! Can't wait to start with them ♥

If they are the gold pair from someone they are fantastic fish. :-). That male has great form (better than the photo shows) and the color is just gorgeous. I almost bought them myself.

Good luck in the spawn tank. They looked compatable when uncarded.

Great stock to start with Pixie - and someone's fish often have a bit of Thai magical luck in the spawn tank.

Be sure to prepare them as best you can - give 'em a good feed for a week or two and ensure they're conditioned (that way they wont get rot and stuff when they've spawned and their immune systems are down)

Very exciting, I think you'll get a mix of Red and Non Red Salmanders - got some marble genes & butterfly so you'll get a mix.

Very exciting!

x Ness

Sounds great! :D I'm looking for fry of white lace reds. :)

I have no idea what a white lace red is but if i have one, it's all yours LOL :D

Great stock to start with Pixie - and someone's fish often have a bit of Thai magical luck in the spawn tank.

Be sure to prepare them as best you can - give 'em a good feed for a week or two and ensure they're conditioned (that way they wont get rot and stuff when they've spawned and their immune systems are down)

Very exciting, I think you'll get a mix of Red and Non Red Salmanders - got some marble genes & butterfly so you'll get a mix.

Very exciting!

x Ness

Thanks Ness! :) I've been reading your spawn logs so i've already stolen lots of tips and ideas from you :D

The hard part will be waiting a few weeks, no.. will... power....!

Technically Salamander Butterfly: (so you wouldn't call it lace, it's the marble/butterfly gene that creates this - which is what the salamander at the top of this thread has)

184239_1887188698046_1191277596_2310004_

However the butterfly pattern is most desirable when it shows 50% 50% colouring like this:

blue+butterfly+halfmoon+betta+fish.JPG

It's a bit confusing to say "lace" as it is a bit of a colloquial term for slightly transparent blacks:

Gall_May2004_BLHM.jpg

I.e. the ones that aren't opaque melano black black....

or black lace can refer to the transparent black trim such as the fush below, but you'd call it red/black lace butterfly:

1133_halfmoon_betta_redblack_2.jpg

These are just based on what Aquabid users term their fish colouring as - the above might be called black lace fire.. they love saying red is fire.

I'm just pointing out unoffical terms, and the causes of their colouring... ain't no genetics class...

Yes, isn't that a slightly off topic miniature pretend education? hmm yessss...

x

Edited by melbournebetta