The Betta Australis Fish Grooming Competition

shadoh

Congradulations Jodie on first ,second and therd and to Paul for Most Unusual???? its great to hear that there was a great variation in them all. Great job Jarrod on organising it all

Cheers

Les

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was so much fun. It was amazing looking at the range of results we got. I think we all enjoyed it and everyone had a even shot at winning but either way we all learnt something.

Thank you Jarrod for doing this competition and a great job on the ribbons and prizes.

My ribbon and certificate are already on display. :-)

The winners fish were kept in buckets, daily wc for first month then someone got slack (her words, not mine). These guys had a continual supply of live black worms. There were always live worms on the bottom of the buckets.

Yeah live blackworms are like super foods. The difference in growth I get on my wild fry once they start eating the adults' share is amazing. Is the 'most unusual' category kind of like saying they have good personalities? *lol*

I must agree with the Balck worms. Just got a kilo myself today shipped over from Mal in Victoria. I find that they condition better and grow better on black worms after I have finished with the grindels.

Cheers

Les

Adam, someone hasn't bred Bettas in MANY years :) She's just too busy. I bred a pair of red VTs and donated them to the club at 7 weeks of age for club members to raise for the grooming competition. If you go to the first page of this topic, you'll see all the info and details.