melbournebetta

Super Blue Royal (by Bettarazzi) x Fuzzy Copper (by Kertaz) Halfmoon

Remind me to bring you the CD next time we catch up, Roy very kindly burnt and sent it to me.

they're nice kids, no show stoppers, but I loves them very much.... the girls are straight into the sorority - they are precious gems, can't wait for them to grow out

Well done with this spawn Ness. I love the powdery super blues that you got.

Though, I'm interested in that greeny looking lad.. the one you said was the smallest and picture taken with the flash.

Most of the ones I bred "super blue" male x copper female ended up like him or a little darker green/teal/armadillo ish. Only a small number of mine look opaque-like, but none came out super-blue. Odd. Dunno... you need to breed many more of them, then I'll try figure out the geneticalisms. :D

All these boys sold - except two that I kept, one to spawn with, and one for display cos he was so lovely.

Unfortunately the spawn boy now looks like a plakat, and is flirting with his 100% super blue mum in the spawn tank.

The other boy I haven't looked at properly for a while, but his coverage is still developing - so long later, he did a little parade today for me.

IMG_0846.jpg

Just thought I'd update - the above shot is a bit untrue in colour as it was with the flash.

Below is a relaxed moment showing his colour -

IMG_0851.jpg

gosh darn these are some lovely looking fish i especially liek the third girl from page to. really nice balance and colour on the fish :)
come on my super blue steel boy get better from swimbladder and make me some babies that are this stunning ;)

This was back when I bothered recording my spawns - and I had time for good photos... god bless the freelance lifestyle.
I wish I could export all the posts and put them somewhere.

Anyway, a side note: I still trawl aquabid and keep my eyes peeled for super blue genetics - there's something pretty special about that matte blue/turq/teal/steel that I think is brilliant.