Hazell

My newest Vailtail boy. :)

Right, I managed to get a shot of Senjii flaring at my Crowntail Echo, so here he is.

Also what colour do you think he is?

SenjiiFlare.jpg?t=1327886201

This is his tank. (40 Litre tank)

VeiltailTank.jpg?t=1327885776

What do you think? ;)

He's very handsome - looks quite healthy and with a nice veiltail spread.

Colour-wise he's Blue (duh) in this photo I would suggest he's either royal or turquoise spread iridescence, but not full mask (i.e. it dosen't cover his whole face) he's dark bodied multi colour as the red ventrals and red wash through the anal and caudal are quite vivid.

Critique-wise I would suggest the curly ventrals are a bit of a fault - he has slightly wonky rays all round - but nothing too serious - and uneven edges - overall he's a nice example of a beautiful display fish.

-Ness

This veiltail is a blue/red multicolour Betta with a lot of red wash - not a high quality example of even a VT... nice to keep as a pet though.....

This fish has red ventrals, blue fins with red wash and its a VT - all disqualifying or major faults in a Betta....

If you are going to breed him you will end up with a bunch of pet Bettas but nothing of show quality (VT's are still not recognised by the IBC). Please be aware that it's hard to get rid of a lot of Bettas all the same colour and wholesale prices for them are often as low as $1 each.... much more worthwhile and often easier to get homes for fish if they are a good quality .....

Well, at least this batch will have homes from friends.

I agree, he isn't the best beta out there. :)

I still enjoy the comments!

Hope your 200 friends enjoy their Bettas :)

(yes they can have over 200 babies in a spawn sometimes :) )

Lol, well, I can also give some back to the pet store he came from.

If they dont die on me though. XP

Ah well, it isn't all bad. if he isn't a great breeder I have the crowntail male. He is very handsome though he is having ordeals with finrot at the moment.