Re-silicone my wild tank...

shadoh

Well, here you go... Not much to see. Not coloured up yet. Took a good 2 - 3 days last time before they settled in, showed a bit of colour and explored the whole tank. Enjoy. This is the male.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us_qLpNRXeM

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no point putting pressure on now and there will be no more videos of green spaghetti. I just went to feed the pair and the male had died sometime last night. Female looks fine. I will keep an eye on her throughout the day :(

I was pretty careful to clean the tank several times to make sure, but you never know... I would have thought the female would have died too if that was the case.

Bad blood worms? Then again, why is the female still swimming around? Just thinking out loud here...

Had temperatures in the mid 30's last couple of days. And I know temps in the fishroom are around the 40 deg mark. Could it be the heat?

Let your tanks evaporate - cools the water - take off the glass covers - put mesh covers over the wilds to stop jumpers though..... need more topups and have to watch the water changes but helps keep the temps a couple degrees cooler.....

how's the girl doing now? fingers crossed she's ok....

Well, that's my wild adventure over :( just checked on the female and she had died. She was fine a few hours ago. I don't know what went wrong. I was meticulous about making sure the tank was cleaned out properly. The only thing I can think of is that there must have been some residue. What else could it be?

I am gutted. Going to continue with the fishroom overhaul and reassess this at a later time.

That is a horrible shame. So sorry you lost your pair, but don't beat yourself up too badly.

I purchased two pairs of Tussyae from someone and lost both seemingly healthy females for no reason I could discern. It happens sometimes, and it is such a kick in the guts. Especially since they were such beautiful fish :bighug: