Happy Birthday Matt_95!

Nicola

Thats them Yan, from memory they were mostly slightly larger than 50 cent size but I think there was one or two medium sized ones. Not much red yet but thats them :D I would email someone for a definate on how big they are.

Wayne said they haven't been ordered yet, I got these guys on a bargain. No pics yet, still settling in.

I got sooo many shrimp, only took around 5 scoops but have well over 100, I should have checked what I actually caught... tacken the leaves out or something, I also now have tadpoles, water scorpions and cray fish :/ The shrimp are all berried, probabaly from the rain.

Happy birthday Matty! :D

Whats the deal with these posh red capped angels? Please explain for us common folk ;)

Where on earth are you getting shrimp buffet by the scoop? Sounds like the best kind of shopping spree (Though you can keep the scorpions, pfah)

Thanks Sarah!

They are a wild strain of angelfish, They look really pure, I don't know how to explain it haha

Mt. Cotton, this little creek near a quarrie, there are areas where the soil has beein washed away and it leaves a mass of roots, they hide under there and you get them by the scoop full :D If your interested shoot me a pm and I'll tell you the location. No ID on the species, I'll be dropping Dave Wilson an email and will try find someone I can send some samples to get them ID'd.

Male:

IMG_63388.jpg

Female

IMG_6337.jpg

Group

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

The stream is freezing, its fed from a mountain so its they are in the chilled tank for now.

Must've missed this!

Love to know where you got them Matt. Have family on Mt. Cotton so I'm in the area fairly often.

Doubt I'd end up taking anything home because I couldnt guarantee keeping the cool temperatures - but I'd just love a looksie.

Hope they end up being the kind of shrimp able to complete their lifecycle in an aquarium, and not the briney larval stage type.

I don't think the cool temperatures are needed, the stream was very cold but from the few I didn't keep in the chilled tank I experienced similar losses, they are harder to keep than CRS in regards to adapting to changes in water.... Every time the water is changed I loose a few, the F1 generation is much hardier and is more adaptable, I didn't get enough fry though from the first lot before they all died out. Hoping I can breed this lot because I won't collect any again.

Will find the location on google maps later tonight, the stream has no name...

I have bred them but only from one female and didn't get enough to keep the population growing, the couple that survived are around three months old and almost at 1cm, very slow growers.