Halfmoons, Crowntails and Deltas at Subscape Aquarium

melbournebetta

A little shameless promotion, but it's relevant and EXCITING!

For the first time I've seen in any of my Local Fish Stores, Australian-Bred Halfmoon Betta are being showcased in a dedicated barracks at Subscape Aquarium.

There are a handful of A grade and B grade Single males or Breeding pairs - along with the regular Crowntails and Veiltails.

Thanks once again to Justin (le owner) for supporting local breeders and the keeping of rare fish.

Eventually video and photos of available A grade fish will be posted on this thread.... for now it's just a taste!

barracks.jpg

Subscape Aquarium - 310-312 Victoria St Richmond VIC 3121

Mon - Tue:10:00 am-6:00 pmThu - Sun:10:00 am-6:00 pm

xx Ness

Edited by melbournebetta

I was just down there the other day getting some info on a custom tank build. Now if only I can convince myself I really am full up.

I have to say, I really like the way they house their bettas there. I wish a lot more fish stores in the area would do something similar. I never understood why stores persist on housing their bettas in tiny jam jars that are never cleaned. A set-up like that really shows the fish off to their full advantage.

Ash - Yeah Justin is amazing - they do lots of custom tanks for the Zoo / Melb Aquarium and all sorts of breeding enclosures for Snakes and Turtles etc... the boy knows what he's doing.

We're developing a modular betta barracks - should be nearly done by early 2012.

Roy - Nah - this is Justin's shop setup, all custom made, and pretty efficient - they do a great job keeping the fish in top quality water... I did a little bit of sprucing yesterday, but it was more about re-arranging fish and plants.

I should do a little write up on the progress of those modular tanks too!!

Just nice to see some Aussie Betta available!!

x

I actually am looking at getting a barracks system made up for my bettas. It's having 10 bays to hold all my boys. Then once they keel over I plan to fill it up with lovely imports from someone :lol:

I just have to ring them up tomorrow and let them know my contact number has changed. Seems a certain puppy decided the phone cord looked like it needed a good chew.

I shall have to have a stickybeak next time I am in. Lucky my mum likes the store so I can scab a lift off her.