My Desert Scorpions

jha

Hi guys just a few pics of my male desert scorpions.These guys are a very aggressive and not advised to be handled,but make very interesting pets as they are much more active compared to some other native species.Enjoy.

xcel3dl721.jpgxcel3dl722.jpgxcel3dl723.jpgxcel3dl724.jpgxcel3dl751.jpg

cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the yaschenkoi arn't they? I'm thinking of getting a second species... not sure which one yet though, highly considering these or Urodacus armatus.

Do you find that being more aggresive they are more interesting? The black rocks I got off you have to have their meals pre-killed lol then they just come and chew on it lol I want to see some action! Sure they will kill their own food once they are a bigger size though.

Do you have any expeiriance with the armatus? I want something that is very interesting. I feed them small crickets, can't get pin heads here anywhere. They seem to like them though. Lost one during a molt and another is MIA

OMG, I'm terrified of spiders Paul! There was one in my room last night! It was watching me and it was massive! Like the size of a 20c peice!

I was considering Phyligalis sp. sarina to help cure my fear at one stage but I doubt that would help.

I'm thinking of getting a centipede as well, they seem very agro as well.

hey guys,

On the topic of scorpions, I was wondering if you educate a newbie here in looking after scorpios.

I am very intrigued how you guys feed them, house them, temperature, humidity and food wise.

Back in hometown in Malaysia, I find lots of wild scorpios crawling around and I want to keep one.

Thanks guys.

What I do is I get a plastic take away container and I melt holes on only one side of it for a humidity gradient. For the species I keep I mix one part coconut fibre and one part course sand, works very well. I give them a flat rock to burrow under as they are rock scorpions.

My guys are still only 1cm long and I can't source pin heads so. I get a small cricket and cut off all of it's legs and chuck it near the burrow.

Edited by Matt_95

• 1 month later...

Have since sold all my desert scorpions except for a large male I decided to keep,but have acquired myself a pair of flinders range scorpions.The Female looks like shes gonna explode anytime soon with babies,and a pic of my female black rock scorpion with her babies.

Male:

xcel3b175.jpg

xcel3b176.jpg

Female:

xcel3b178.jpg

Black rock and bubs:

xcel3b171.jpg

cheers

I was looking for a yasi recently, woudl have bought some if I new you were selling them.

Will you be selling any elo bubs? I love elo's :)

Heya Matt,elo's availiable now if your interested.$15ea or 4 for $50.

xcel3dli1344.jpg

xcel3dli1343.jpg

xcel3dli1345.jpg

cheers

Stunning! I will defiantly grab some, which species is it? I. Vescus or I. angusticaudus?

How big are the bubs of both species?

Vescus mate.The spider hunter babies are 1cm and the finders range are about 2cm.

cheers