• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

From this....

0d9e7339.jpg

To this....

48628f53.jpg

Hardscape all but gone. Chain sword has taken over bit I like the effect.

7728e263.jpg

1ddf9e1e.jpg

576c95f2.jpg

Very happy with this tank. Very little maintenance now it's up and running, do water changes when I feel like it.

Love the effect of that mini chain sword too. Might be a good idea to get some for my tanks. Is that another cello female betta I spy in the tank?

How did you go with aligning the outlet of the sponge filter in the breeding tank?

Looks great, that broad leaf chain sword looks great! The mini chain sword Jarrod is a different sp. it's got narrower leaves and is shorter, the broadleaf gets a lot taller in different conditions, it reaches for the light more :)

Some moss rocks at the front would look great Paul, I know your good with moss :P

The Tenellus variety is often sold as mini chain sword as well, despite it no longer being considered an Echinodorus species. Its much smaller generally and narrower leafed.

The tank looks spectacular Busman, lush and green and wild - fish obviously very happy in there. Great work!

(I did LOL when Matty suggested moss though - Teehee)

There is one cello girl and another that is going that way. I think you get a glimpse of her in the following video.

Really love the Rummynose, cant praise these guys enough. Tank is very relaxing, no bullying at all. Shame the hardscape disappeared. Lol.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/ottobusman/34bf78f2.mp4

@Matt......very funny Milkcrate. You grow me the moss rocks and I will kill them slowly. :-)

It appears I am wrong! Mini can refer to both Quadricostatus and tennulus from a quick google. I got mine as broad leaf chain sword from one of someone's display tanks.

My moss rocks all died as well, including the glorious fissidens I coddled for months and months :(( the glorious fissidens is hard to find as well....

The betta girls went straight from growout into community tank so I haven't had any issues. Once I jar a girl, I don't re introduce her back. I find that once jarred they change, become very territorial.

Only issue I had was algae at the start but that settled itself really.

Thanks Sarah. Watch your Rummys closely, long before you realize something is up, these guys lose all color in their nose as soon as water not up to scratch. Worth the purchase price just for that. :-).

Hi Paul

That tank is looking awsum, I like the effect of depth you have created there and a realy nice selection of plants. Are you running CO2 in that tank? and what sort of lighting?

Cheers

Les

• 1 month later...

Update. No co2 running anymore. These were taken before big water change and clean up. Trimming all val, removing 50% of the chain sword and general overhaul. I do nothing with this tank now, no additives at all and first wc in about 6 weeks.

8a993c4b.jpg

67dce61b.jpg

8a993c4b.jpg