NPT Attempt 2. :-).

Fletch

Update...........algae went crazy. Fuzzy brown algae that seemed to collect on the bottom, especially around the base of the plants. Also on the glass. The way it spread and grew was scary. At the meet, both someone and Matt suggested more co2 and nutrients. Doesn't make sense to me as I thought this would make the problem worse. Well, it has worked very quickly. Think most will be gone very soon. Looks better every day. Using Dino Spit and Pee at this stage.

Crypts are melting. So much damage was done to these with the last attempt, not really surprised. Hope they will reshoot soon though as am told that's what they do. Bought one pot of crypts, half of one pot of chain sword and a bunch of hornwort which I added Wednesday. These are doing well. Also daily wc for two days. Pls note, no filter in this tank.

Anyway, heres some photos.

ef027397.jpg

d10241a7.jpg

814fdd37.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Its Dino Poo and Dino Pee that I ask for? I just wanst to sur if it was like a DIY C)2 thing but using diluted pee. I only ask as its a well known fact the urine isgreat for lemon trees I get such a great crop my grandad tought me that one LOL

Cheers

Les

Have a look at there website Les. Explains it all there. I was hoping not to use them but untill the tank stabilizers, I think I need to. :-).

Don't forget mate, I am flying blind. Never done this before so it would be a brave man to follow at this stage.

No filter in this tank at all Les. Water movement is preferable but I wanted to give it a go without a filter. The hot water rising from the heater will create some movement.

External filter is being used on my 3 footer. :-)

Got home tonight and the cat has jumped onto the tank and gone straight through the lid. Gravel has been mixed up, a third of the water is gone and the weed is everywhere. The fish look totally freaked out.

My question is.........the fish seem to be rubbing themselves on wood and plants. Is there a chance they caught fleas of the cat???? Should I worm and de flea my fish???

All advice welcome.

Mate, I'd be worried. I have read somewhere on the web that fleas can hold their breath long enough to develop gills and morph into water fleas. I don't know if there is such a thing, but I'd be looking for something like Frontline for fish.

As for the tank, just re-plant and top up. Check the sand in the tank for cat poo, as he may have mistaken the sand for a litter box.

Best of luck mate! :)

Had a search for you mate. Couldn't find anyone selling it locally, but found some Frontline for Fish on a site in China. Has anyone seen something for sale locally like this? If not, they do ship. I might even get a pack to be on the safe side and we could share shipping. The label says that it is waterproof, so I think this should work. I wonder if you have to catch each fish and put a drop on the back of their neck like you do with the cat and dog stuff?

Frontline-plus.jpg