Singing the praise of your LFS

melbournebetta

Just thought I'd start up a place to sing the praise of your favourite local fish store.

Sure, there's plenty of bad ones out there, but point us in the direction of your FAVOURITE, or a new discovery, or an element of your local that you LURRRVE.

As you might already know, I am a bit of a fan of Subscape Aquarium (website coming soon) on Victoria Street - Richmond.

The independent owner Justin is a bit of a legend, he's really supportive of local enthusiasts and breeders, he's now got Jordan working there who is an amazing planted tank (igwami) aquascapist and plant-nerd, they're now stocking lots of rare plant varieties, and have several demonstration tanks that just blow your mind.

b2a922a8.jpg

There's even a huge display tank thats about 4 meters long... I'll get a shot of those monster tanks soon.... But there's even little acrylic setups like this dotted around - it's ART!

21e5f35a.jpg

Justin's stock are always spotless, tanks are in good order, and he breeds a lot of them himself.

9cf8d213.jpg?t=1321502425

ec279439.jpg

6e0e7d7d.jpg

There's a new Marine section coming up, they've renovated the shop, and it's about to get another over-haul too.

So yeah, I'm a fan... they are the kind of shop you go into and they actually teach you how to maintain the tank and the fish so you DONT need to come back and buy another part / medication / etc.

I've been coming here for over 10 years, and all the staff have been really ace tolerating my semi-serious questions.... and killing more plants than I care to mention.

Got any LFS that you just lurrrrrrrve?

-Ness

I go to the same shop as you, Ness. Seems like we always missed each other though. He often says "Ness came in yesterday" Lol.

Been a customer of Subscape since I started fishkeeping in Australia; not very long ago, maybe about 3 years, can't remember the exact time.. Kinda miss his jumbo riccia planted tank with hundreds of cardinal and shrimps in it. Lol. That kept me coming back for sooo many times. Most impressive tank I saw in Australia, IMO. Wish I took a pic of it.

Yeah - awesome shop - this is a link from google (SO CRAZY) so you can look around the shop: here

that was before the renos so it's a bit flat feeling.

BUS- YOU TALK ALOT MATE (show us ya pics orright!) if we don't see it - it isn't real (do i sound like a 5 yearold jealous person? because i am one!)

:P

-Ness