My new pair!

Sarah

Ohh, and mum just gave me her old dslr camera, she never uses it. Said it's too fidly with too many settings. So once I get batteries for it, I'm hoping I'll get some really nice photos!

Thanks Milk Crate. :)

OF COARSE I'M PLANNING TO BREED THEM! :D

Jarrod said they carry non-red, love the thought of that. :)

Thanks guys!

While rearranging the axolotl tank, I looked over and saw somehow the male had gotten to the females compartment through the divider.

Both fine, not even a nip - must have been there for only a moment. Moved male back, and stuffed some more sponge between the heater. Still have NO idea how he got there though - couldn't even fit the tip of my pinky though the gap.

Any chance he jumped? My babies are good jumpers.

I sold 2 on the weekend and put 2 new boys in the empty slots in the barracks. In the process, I forgot to replace the mesh I now sit over the top of the containers. The next morning, I got up to find that one had jumped in with the other and they had beaten each other up pretty bad...

Didn't finish posting the pics!

newpairandstickinsects033.jpg

newpairandstickinsects022.jpg

newpairandstickinsects023.jpg

newpairandstickinsects025.jpg

Male without flash -

newpairandstickinsects031.jpg

Male SOMEHOW got past the divider again. He pushed the sponge out of the way to make a small enough gap. NO idea how he did it, I was extra careful to make sure he couldn't - as I've had it happen before. Stuffed in even more, positive he won't get through again. A few nips on the girl, but nothing major.

Yep. Female looks pretty plump... hey do you think I should let them grow up a little bit more (not for much longer, just a little) or sanitize my spawn tank from Sinalei, set it all up and when it's ready try them?

Oh last piccies. :)

newpairandstickinsects035.jpg

newpairandstickinsects036.jpg

newpairandstickinsects037.jpg

Oh thanks for the link Jarrod, got distracted elsewhere, but I'm decided on names now. Thankyou. :)

Meet Rahiti - his name means 'The Sunrise'.

Panda012.jpg

Panda021.jpg

This is Temoe, her name means also means 'The Sunrise'.

Panda013.jpg

;)

Panda016.jpg

Panda004.jpg

Wasn't sure if I wanted their names to have the same meaning, but they are a pair, and the names are pretty.

I NEED THE SUN so I get stick the spawn tank in it, and GET A MOVE ON!!!

• 1 month later...

Both male and female are going well.

The male, Rahiti, DID eat almost all his fry (leaving three..), but health/happiness wise, he is good. Has a bit of a bubblenest going.

Temoe, the girlie, is going very well. She lives in a 20L tank divided in half - and shares with Sina - my blue HM female.

She has really plumped up, and ready for a re-spawn; although I'm waiting until AFTER the next Betta Australis meet so I don't have to leave the fry.

Her and Sina can see eachother in a bit of a gap through the divider - they are often flaring at eachother.

fushhiess017.jpg

fushhiess008.jpg

fushhiess012.jpg

fushhiess014.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photos.