New photos of Community tank.

Fletch

Changing the look of my tank. Using Aquagreen products now (started last week) so hopefully will notice a difference soon. Sure it looks better but it will take a while to repair excisting damage.

1f42e5f0.jpg

This guy was hiding.

b3f724dd.jpg

Quick video.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/ottobusman/orchids/c1db1602.mp4

Thanks Wayne. Wood is actually too big for this tank. I can't move it at all. Great piece but wrong tank. :-(.

Once I sort out my fertilizer issues and thin out the fish (most tetras are at least two years old) I will change the tank completely. Need to get on top of things first. Also need to experiment on what weeds grow in my conditions. This is all new to me as my experience is with cichlids which destroy plants.

Hopefully I can see a difference in a few weeks when I update with new pics. That's the plan anyway. :-)

Bus! I can't believe it!

It's gorgeous - god, I think all our community/sorority tanks have come a long way from the Aus Aquascaping comp earlier this year...!

hmmm... that's got me thinking..

Very inspirational, I'm off to Subscape to get new plants today, now I want to busmantank! (complete with annnnnnngels)

x

I saw them too, in the rack out the front? I thought of Ness too but they arn't solid black if they are the same :(

Looks really good Paul! Need to redo my big tank, looks so bad lol. You could put some aponageton crispus to add some red :)

Thanks Sarah (missed your post, sorry). I do watch this for hours. :-).

Thanks Matt. There are three red plants in there. One front left, one front middle and another in the middle at the back, behind the wood. Hoping these will take off now with a dung pellet under each one. :-)

Matt, there was a huge solid black veiltail angel in the back fishroom on the bottom shelf facing the door. He had 1 black and 1 white ventral :D

Paul, I forgot to ask earlier when we were talking, how is the new CO2 diffuser working?

Not sure. Lol. Think I lost most when I got my last lot of "bargain" neons. Not sure what they introduced but it was lethal. I will learn this lesson eventually. :-(

Perhaps it is a good thing. From what I have been reading while researching for my tank upgrade, angels and bettas don't usually get on anyway...

Who wins, betta or angels?

Angels are cichlids - while they are small they can be peaceful.... but as they grow larger individuals can get an 'attitude' and cichlids that pair off and go into breeding mode can kill off a tank of other fish or at the least push the others to the other end of the tank.... just keep an eye on them as they are not always angels :)

Heavily planted will suit the angels too ... especially if you provide large leafed plants for them to lay eggs on .... mine love to lay eggs on anubias leaves but have also spawned on swords and other similar plants....

My current favourite angel is the tuxedo angel -- click here for pic -- would be interesting to see how that works with angel genetics...

Thanks guys - how lover-ly and a bit goth that y'all think of me when you see black angels (mwahahaha)

I've got my scouts out - I didn't know someone had angels, perhaps I could harass her for some double blacks.

Thanks for the heads up

Wayne- those are beautiful - do they all have the bit of colour on top?? shiny pants.

Bus - can't wait to see how it all pans out for you - sounds like we're on the same page with angels+betta, keen to see your observations!

-Ness

• 2 weeks later...