Help please.

Looks like a deficiency to me. If you've got a lot of lighting and CO2, you might not be providing enough nutrients to your plants. It could be a potassium defiency. That can lead to yellowing and holes in leaves I believe.

I started dosing Seachem Potassium in my planted tanks and haven't had any issues since.

Haven't made one yet ;) looks like you overdosed on the exel, you can trim the dead parts off, leave the leaves on though, it's an aroid and they can use nutrients in the leaves to make new ones contrary to what is assed around the Internet.

Oops, I read that as seachem flourish excel. Their supplimebts are so week they wouldn't cause that, if it's only the anuibus shoeing that I would think it is a toxin in the system. Slower growing plants build them up more. Faster growing plants can dilute it in their growth. I'll have a look through my books when I get home for you :)

Is this a deficiency or did I overdose?

Deficiency

It takes a fair bit to overdose seachem products from my experience

seachem make a whole range of ferts and if you check out there site it gives a schedule for dosing there pruducts for optimum growth and care and they make a lot of ferts

this may also be of some help

http://www.aquatic-eden.com/2009/06/common-aquatic-plant-deficiency-diagram.html

Ray

If its a defiancy I would have thought that all the plants would be showing it, have a look through this paul and see if it looks liek anything on the list: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/aquarium-pictures/browseimages.php?c=12&userid=&t=

Also, if you do get more fertilisers I would get the dino products from aquagreen, the seachem ones are very expensive and very dilute. Dino pee should cover all your needs :)

I found the contents of Dino Pee for you, it has got K after all!

Dinosaur Pee

50gm SOLUBLE CHELATED TRACE ELEMENT

(Fe, Zn, Mn, B, Cu, Mo)

250 gm POTASSIUM SULPHATE (K2SO4)

250 gm MAGNESIUM SULPHATE (MGSO4.7H2O

125 gm POTASSIUM NITRATE (KNO3)

25 ml HYDROCHLORIC ACID (HCl)

(optional as preservative)

swimming pool strength

(350g per litre)

Mix crystals with three litres of water. Boil water first let cool slightly then add HCl carefully and crystals after the HCl. Stir with plastic or wood implement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinosaur Pee Crystals

Dinosaur Pee has been developed over a few years. It is a fertiliser with no phosphate high in nitrogen potassium and magnesium with some chelated trace elements.

Yea, got it Thursday Matt. I think I can see an improvement but a bit early yet. One of the plants you gave Jarrod, in the small bag, that is growing about 10 cm a day. Already going to be trimming it this week. :-).