Heaters and thermometers

SiameseFightingFist

I've got a Hydor 100w heating my 90L tank.

I've also got an Aqua One thermometer, the glass mercury one that comes with a sucker and you stick that on the side of the tank on the inside.

I've also got a cheapie eBay thermometer from Hong Kong, same-ish design as the Aqua One therm.

The two therms are right next to each other on the opposite side of the tank from where the heater is located.

Right now as I type this, and this is how it's always worked - I set the heater at 22c, the Aqua One therm shows 24-25c. This therm will always show a few degrees above. The eBay cheapie shows 23c.

So do I trust the heater? Or the Aqua One therm? Or the eBay cheapie?

On the face of it, it looks like the heater and the eBay cheapie are sort of talking to each other, more so than the Aqua One which seems to be a few degrees off?

Or could it be that the heater is not calibrated, and the Aqua One therm is the one showing the true temp?

That's the thing Bettarazzi, I have a betta in the tank, black widow tetras, zebra/leopard danios, peppered corys and panda corys. And the most active fish in there by far are the panda corys (not the danios!), they're always on the move, they look like they enjoy swimming up the down current created by flow from the filter. I'm not sure if they're looking for more aerated waters or what.

So I was trying to be a little more precise with my temps because I think the corys like slightly cooler waters don't they, notwithstanding the black widows and danios.

My water chems are normal last I checked.

somchai2500 - yeah it was a bit warm yesterday but I've had the Aqua One thermometer for a month now and it's always shown a few degrees above the Hydor setting, and the eBay thermometer seems to confirm that, sort of.