Class of 2011

shadoh

Hi all. I thought I'd start a thread to keep photos and videos of my recently jarred juvies all together in one spot. Saves people heading to several different threads to see them. Once my spawns are jarred, all further photos and videos will be posted here and the relevant spawn logs closed.

First up, a video of the 21 fry I have jarred from the Orange Marble HMPK spawn. Quite a lot of coppers, metallics and part dragons popping up - all from the mother being a marble dragon...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - loving the form on the 1st and 4th in the video particularly - they've come up a treat!

Actually I lost count- there's some others in there too... very lovely little specimens.

Lucky i'm into long-finned-drag-queen-fish, I could be spending a LOT of money in your fishroom otherwise.

Jazzy.

Ashlea, it really isn't all that bad...at least the weather is warming up, so heating the jars won't be such a big issue.

Roy, thanks :D I don't usually jar for age, but size and/or aggression. This spawn was so slow growing, they are about 4/5 months old (sorry - feeling too lazy to check the spawn log :) ) As I mentioned in another thread, I had some space in the barracks, so threw in the biggest from the growout tank. More than half of these probably could have been kept in the growout tank a bit longer if space was tight.

Ness, it's funny how different people pick up and are drawn to different things in fish. While I agree with you on #4's form, I find the caudal on #1 too rounded (at this stage anyway) He does have good deportment though...

Thanks Sarah :)

Jarrod it seems everytime you post I am in here saying you have amazing fish and once again you have amazing fish. Number 4 is incredible although they are all great.

Also loved the intro you have.