Enriching Artemia in hatchery

DenningA.Rajit

enriching the shrimp is not a problem - for carnivorous fish its best to use essential fatty acids over algae for the enrichment process though.... the trick is either to keep hatching bbs and enriching or to establish a culture of brine shrimp so that they get to the stage of live bearing and giving you a constant source of shrimp to be enriched.... that's what I'm working on at the moment - just need to get another drum of sea water and I'm going into production I hope....

Nice article - gives all the basics....

True, I have always read that once the BBS are past the 2 day mark, it is a waste of time using them to feed to fry. Perhaps gut loading the shrimp extends the "use by date"

Shame all my gut loading hasn't paid off the same way *lol*

you're correct Les.... :)

I'm giving my older brine shrimp a steak dinner though before feeding them to the fish :)

Putting eggs in to hatch today and hopefully will have the culture started this week.... just have to go dip a few buckets in the ocean to get some fresh sea water.....

@ Wayne

If I can get viable eggs Id do the same as the ocean is just at the end of the street Lituraly. I inhance the grindels and black worms with vitamins and top end cat biscuits Its a bit like dry feed lots Yuk

@ Jarrod

Hey man dont be so hard on ya self I have been over feeding my brothers kids for a week now but still no signs of SBD If only they would lay on the floor for a while and not move LOL

Cheers

Les