Nnnnoooooo....not again.

Fletch

This is one of the spawn that dad munched on and then had a heater fail and got no food for two weeks. Four still going strong, I think they ate a little behind but who knows. I can't remember how old they are.

Anyway, this one started to do this once jarred.

88289990.jpg

04fd70f5.jpg

9e8fed2d.jpg

So do I. I have just spawned another pair of black orchids. First time for both fish. Not sure if they were wrapping properly though.

I have three different aged spawns now, all black orchids, two different fathers and three different mothers. I am so confused. :-}

It's kinda cute all splotchy like that Paul. I'm sure this one will be fine.

Just an unfortunate coincidence I reckon in the last male that cello'd out. I wouldn't worry.

I wonder if you can back track a little to see if there is a link between each fish and the marbles. Maybe stay away from those that are closest relatives to those that have produced marbles so as to avoid getting more marbles??? Just a thought. Probably isn't going to be do-able, but a thought anyway.

All fish are related Paul. All siblings to my original pair. :-)

Just thought I would document it for all our benefit. My biggest issue with the last cello was the blindness. He went blind quickly, at least in one eye and possibly going blind in both. Never had a diseased fish go blind before which makes me lean toward genetic defect but I really have no idea. I feel like there is so much to learn with these guys.