Just how tough Java Moss is.

Sarah

Sorry Busman, you might want to look away.

A few months ago, disease broke out in a little 20L tank. Since then, I've really been meaning to clean out this tank thoroughly, so I can reuse it. I just "hadn't gotten around to it". :embarrass:

Well, today I finally took it outside to deal with it. There was a tiny bit of Java Moss in the tank at the time. I decided I would just throw this out, not wanting to risk if it had absorbed the disease. I assumed it would be dead by now.

This tank had had NO light, other than my weak room light - and that was on the other side of the room. MONTHS later, the Java Moss had grown, and was a lovely LUSH green. Could NOT believe it.

Impossible to kill or what?

Edited by Sarah

Haha, somewho duckweed popped up in my tank - I think it came in with the frogbit. Constantly scooping it out.. it ended up in the axolotl tank as well somehow (non planted tank), clogs the filter intake.

As for if I'll use the Moss - no way, it was a diseased tank, I'm taking no chances. It's long gone now.

I second fishbites, I don't rinse my BBS either, and none of the Java moss died, but let's say you use way higher concentration at regular frequency. Maybe that's it. :P

How did you kill duckweed without killing the tank's inhabitants?