Tank Numero First

hungryemo

so there's two places water comes from yeah?

I have a Jebo all-in-one like that. I cut the bottom off a small water bottle, heated up a screwdriver and made a little hole for the spout on the side and then another two small holes in the back (where I put in suction cups that i had stolen off tank dividers).

all current is then directed down - without blowing everything else around.

This doesn't alter the current that comes from above though, if that's what you're referring to... my surface flow is actually quite mild.

Yeah, water comes out of the spray bar and then at the end of it... but only comes out of one bit into the actual tank. I'm aware none of this may make any sense so I'll grab some photos tomorrow.

The current from above... eh, it's strong. It was actually moving my IAL around when I put it in. I can see the water flow's pretty strong and would definitely not suit a Betta - which is exactly why I got it (before realising I should've gone for a better tank/filter/brand).

Okay, so I bit the bullet and got a fish that will forever be known as Flamingo Splendazzmo (and Martha the Snail). Apologies for the rubbish photos.

6233922606_cbdc0d83b1_m.jpg 6233400347_965258d41f_m.jpg 6233401307_bb8b8ec6bc_m.jpg 6233401519_40790d8291_m.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-dQ7KUXFk

He's not what I was originally after (think this is a Veil Tail?) but I couldn't resist his colour... and he looked very active. So him and Martha the Snail are currently exploring their home, right beside my desk.

Got a clearer photo (still trying to master the art of Fish Photos!).

6236414061_9cec1b8e50.jpg

They seem to be getting on great and I'm surprised how active Martha is. One minute she's in a coma, the next she's at the top of the tank. Blink and you miss her. :lol:

I've got another tank cycling for either a sorority or a flashier male - a Halfmoon this time.