scorpions

Matt_95

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I missed your post ophelia! What Phasmids do you have? I Lost all of mine a few days ago and need to restock!

The babies are starting to leave mums back, they have moulted now and are 2nd instar.

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

One of the manicatus I got from Jim also just moulted so its now 3rd instar! Very exciting, my first ecydis!

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

I have more!

Hey Matt I was watching a programe on TV and this English chap ( a right wanabe steve erwin ) turnd all the touches out and turned on a UV light and these scorpians he was hunting all shone up as bold as brass it was ammazing and it didnt effect them like normal light would that would make a nice display dont you think?

Cheers

Les

PS just got another spawn down today will send details tommorow as it was with the girl you liked

Yes it's amazing, isn't it? All scorpions glow under UV light, I just bought an extremely strong LED black light torch on eBay for pennies! I am going to go catch my own scorpions! It would have to be the easiest way to find them, they are most active between December to February so they are slowly becoming harder to find.

Thanks Les, can't wait to hear from you :D

• 1 month later...

Took new photos, lost over 50 scorpions while I was away..... A bit upsetting, I've just spent some money getting some more, a bit rarer also, lost all my isometroides.... Bit Devo about that, they were a form of angusticaudus which is quite hard to get and they were a rare colour form.

Anyways, the photos, sorry they are low quality.

U. yaschenkoi

IMG_7224.jpg

Liocheles sp. red (or central west) an arid species, very cool.

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

U. Manicatus

IMG_7223.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got some advice from Greg at the BA meeting last month, my photos have never been better! I turned the flash up and bumped the ISO up to 1600, I don't think this interests anyone much now but if anyone is interested what do you think?

Liocheles sp. red

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

Lychas

IMG_7388.jpg

Someone bump me!