scorpions

Matt_95

The scorpions I ordered off Jha arrived today, I got 5 black rock juivies, they are soo cute at 1cm long :D Heres a picture I took of one just after they arrived, theres a conveniant ruler I didn't see in the bottom of teh picture, gives you and idea of scale.

What do you guys think?

IMG_5790.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a biggger container with different coloured sand, they would get lost in the tank I plan to put them in. No pictures sorry, I'm actually not supposed to be online ;)

I don't like spiders either, I was bitten while sleeping 3 times in a week.. I especially hate the ones like funnel web, mouse spider ect..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mighty Matt

What on earth do your parents think of that? You know if you dont want your Mum in your room you dont have to go that far as keeping scorpians LOL

When I was 14 I got sick of my Mum comming in to my room so I put a fish tank in there and put eels in it but she didnt mind untill one day she went in the room and an eel had got out and she freeked :dance: leaving the lid of a little will do it. Ahh we still talk about it a family gatherings and she shivers and we laugh

Ok So how big will they grow? where do they originat from? Will you use the to scare people :lol: ? and what do your parents think?

Cheers

les

Ps I think they are cool

Matt's motto is, "ask for forgiveness, rather than permission". I don't particularity agree with that (seems to be asking for trouble in my opinion).. but he didn't get into trouble this time, I don't think. Lucky.. this time.

Mum and Dad did say yes... admittedly it wasn't recently, I told Dad but he forgot and was lie kwhy didin't you ask blah blah blah? They don't really care though, they arn't to aggresive or dangerouse and they can't get out. I don't keep them in my room though, the mess keeps my parents out *lol*

I got them off Jha, They get to a maximum of 55mm I think. I really like them, I was supposed to get more food for them today but I'm sick :(

Edited by Matt_95

• 3 months later...

Update time! They haven't molted yet, hope they do soon! I lost two though, not sure why... I have a urodacus yaschenkoi, liocheles sp. north brisbane and a pregnant black rock scorpion arriving this week, cannot wait :D Also looking at buying a centipede.

After a big meal

IMG_6775.jpg

How I keep them, one per container, all similar to these.

IMG_6777.jpg

The substrate, looks a bit wet at the moment, should dry out in the next few days.

IMG_6778.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My new scorpions arrived, there was a fair few problems though lol, the gravid female gave birth and ate her babies and the yaschenkoi escaped so the guy said I could have an elongatus and a pair of black rocks for the same price, then the elo died the day before he sent them so he gave me a free black rock. I am looking at getting a tarantula now to get over my fear of them. I used to live next door to one of the top scientists in the world for spiders, he would be the top one in Australia, I loved spiders back then :)

So I now have 6 black rocks and 1 liocheles sp. North Brisbane. Pictures in a month when I am ungrounded.

OOh nice, what species? Any pictures?

Sarah, this is how I keep mine.

IMG_6836.jpg

theres a rock in this one for the 2nd instar in there.

The adults I use ketapang leaves as I can't find rocks the correct size, bark would be better, or a flat rock they can build a scrape under.

IMG_6833.jpg

this is one of the female manicatus

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_68321.jpg

The other female

IMG_6835.jpg

Got some more :)

Thanks Jim, the lio is on pure coco peat and the others all have a mix of 50/50 coco peat and play sand, much easier for them to dig so I will change all the babies over to it soon.

I'm not sure of their locales, not going to breed them because I think they are all from different areas, the guy i got them of wasn't sure, I'll keep a pair in a communal tank for a display next to my bed though and if I get bubs then I can just keep them or give them away :)