Dark Cloud Hanging Over Fishroom

shadoh

Lol I swear I must be under a gypsy curse.

No sign of illness. His munched on tail wasn't showing any sign of rot, no bloating, normal behaviour last night. No major water changes etc...

Feng Shui huh? Now where did I put that compass...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually considering it Paul :(

Just had ANOTHER death. This time one of the 2 remaining black dragon boys I have on the classifieds. He tried to jump and got stuck between the tank edge and the new lids I made for them. He must have been like that sometime after I had my lunch break and now.

One of the dividers was pushing the cover up slightly between the barrack jars. I have just gone over all the dividers and trimmed them down to prevent this happening again. Going to join all the pieces of mesh so they are one long piece as well.

I really hope things start turning around for you.

I know what it's like to lose so many fish at once (a supposed friend who owned an aquarium killed/sold all mine on me) I quit for about 2 years and have just come back...it just shattered me.

I hope you don't quit, but if you do, I hope you will be back sooner then I did :D

Don't give up Jarrod! Everyone goes through tough patches - hopefully yours will be over VERY soon.

At the beginning of this year, I had about 30 odd Bettas... they all died, only in a matter of a week or two. They were all separate. This, I believe was due to water issues.. and I'm now VERY paranoid with water, I THINK I have it now, though.. thankfully..

Jarrod... as a keeper of wild types that have a well deserved reputation for jumping - forget lids for your tanks and get a roll of cling wrap - haven't lost one through jumping since I started using it.... wild types don't have to be mature to jump either - I left the lid of a fry tank of patoti once and eventually found all of the jumpers from one night - 20 fry about 2cm long!!! Cling wrap stopped that little caper though :)

Sounds like you're having a pretty rough run at the moment :(

Please don't give up, look at all the gorgeous bettas you've managed to raise; they're a credit to your betta keeping abilities :)

That said, it was this sort of thing that lead me to quit betta keeping a few years ago, you always come back to it though lol.

Wayne, gladwrap would be so much easier, but can't seal up the tops of the jars in the barracks as the water trickles in from overhead. I think I have the problem sorted with the plastic mesh now though... Sorry to hear about your jumpers. That would have been devastating.

plastic mesh will work well - most splendens won't get up enough speed to dislodge that I would think.... wilds get up a lot of speed and one actually knocked a large block of sponge I had over the hole about 6" away from the hole when she jumped through it!!! Always bad to lose a fish - at least I had over 100 fry but losing a breeder and a unique fish is worse I think - hope the mesh stops the escapes for you mate....