Dark Cloud Hanging Over Fishroom

shadoh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry if I offended you with my talk of removing the other one, I just didn't want you to put her down...

Hope the fry with SBD turn good for you.

I've had plenty of days like these, not rececetly because I only have a few betta but I know how you feel loosing multiple fish in a day or days, I almost gave up for a while, can't get rid of me that easily though :P

Sorry to hear you've had WWIII + armagedon all at once in your fishroom Jarrod.....

You're right in that we all can have bad times in the fish hobby - about 12 months ago... or maybe 2 years ago now I lost over 120 fish in 24 hours and swore I'd never have it happen again - fingers crossed and touch wood it hasn't .... was a mystery then as it is now....

The mesh over the tanks is a good move to stop the jumpers (something about Bettas and jumping - out of frying pan into the fire every time).... the good thing for the fish is they're in the best possible place to be brought back to health again....

Hope all goes well soon for you and the fish......

Hi Jarrod

I hope by the time you read this lady luck is shining again. I have heard on a few sites that people have had ther giants just die for no apparent reason, looking healthy and then just gone maby it is one of the draw backs a bit like Great Danes and Boxers with ther hearts I dont Know. I have had spawns where a few have had SBD but not the whole spawn so could this SBD be coused through bacteria and try curring it with Antibiotic just a thought couse your feeding rageam has allways worked just a thought.

Well hears the best to ya

Cheers

Les

@fishbites, that must have been a terrible discovery to find that many dead. Shame you never discovered the cause.

@les, thanks, I've heard that about giants too, just never thought it woul happen to mine (same old story)

Things have turned from bad to worse for the poor big ears girl. I think the pec falling off was a symptom of something much worse. She now has a big open ulcer extending from where her pec was to well under her gill plate. She has also started to pinecone and is gasping on the floor of the tank. Poor girl is suffering. I have decided to put her out of her misery and put her down. I know it isn't a popular choice, but I can't bear to see her suffer through salt baths etc, when it is clear she wouldn't have the strength to cope with it.

6acca22d.jpg

Perhaps something to do with the immunity of each fish? So even though they all share a water supply, some of them might be more prone to the disease?

Just a thought. Kinda like how adults people have more immunity to disease than babies.