2 more boys to share

jha

Hi guys,Just like to share some pics of 2 more crowntail males I have.The first one below looks like he's never lost a tip on his fins at all,I was just wondering if he would be good to use for breeding with or just good for a pet/display fish?.

xcel3df040.jpg

xcel3df029.jpg

xcel3df019.jpg

I Also noticed the fish below have what I think is called a Double double ray? and was wondering if its a common or a desired trait in crowntails as I havent seen many come with that feature?,and also if he would be good to use for breeding or just pet quality?

xcel3de024.jpg

xcel3de009.jpg

All opinions/comments welcome

cheers

Wow...they're both lovely fish, and quite good strong colours.

Personally if I was going to breed CT's I'd want more of a full shape overall - it's easy to loose the geometry with CT, but it still needs to be there.

Keep an eye out - obviously you have access to some amazing fish.... ask your importer to bring in some A grade breeders for you!

CT #1 has a short caudal, and dosen't fit neatly into an oval shape... his ray division is uneven - so I wouldn't probably breed him if you were after show fish.

CT #2 is really interesting... much better geometry... and a lovely colour now, but with butterfly and marble, you'll get a really mixed bag of fish, and some not-so-sale-able colours

However, personally I would breed this fish with a REALLY good female, something with an AMAZING HM spread, and even ray distribution.

He might be a fluke, but this quadruple ray (?) is amazing. I've not seen it before.

He's a pretty simple fish - so with the right body type, good full finnage on the CT female and even rays, maybe a solid metallic? you might be on the way to some show quality fish.

But again - borderline fish - the female will make or break them. (ain't it the truth?)

Ness

HI Jha

I like Ness critic and agree with it the first is a nice fish for a pet but the second DDR CT is realy nice and worth haveing a go with I have seen a few on AB but not often I think you might find some on Indonesian Betta society web site a DR girl would go well I think but as Ness said make sure she os up to his standerd or better. Cant wait to what you will choose and hop you post some pics

Cheers

les

Thanks for critic guys,I will def look into getting a nice female to go with second male.For some reason I dunno why I have such a soft spot for bettas that look like the first one LoL,and for those who may have thought they seen me post the first fishy before(few topics below this one),its a different one I swear,can you spot the difference between the two?

a)

xcel3df040.jpg

b)

xcel3b160.jpg

Thanks guys