Cherry Tank

les

@ MTS

That pic was taken in the middle of winter and I had a small dodgie heater that I put in ther its not on now couse it makes em breed to fast I am taking afew (about fifty) to the LFS next wednesday my mate said he would take the execess of my hands. I like the way they keep the algie down on the Java fern and it helps with the Anubias as well.

@ Busman Paul

Yes the wife and I often have that conversation as Bribane was my last postting Mechanised Infantry but my first was Oakey with Aviation (Blackhawkes) and we did consider retiering there and even looked at blocks of land up near pine rivers but My Mum and Dad are getting realy old now and its only me that lives close enough to help out but Ill be over for the show (I cant waight) and even if I dont have eny thing worth showing I am still comming

Cheers

Les

Hey Jarrod I dont plan on comming home empty handed LOL I am sure I will bring somtyhing over.

get some cherrys and try them out on your giants my PKs, HMs and CTs leave them alone but the VT girls (the banana experiment ones) like them however they are almost three inches long now and not a year old yet

I gave my giant boy some cherrys today I put three in this morning after his grindel feed and he had eaten all the grindels one by end shrimp by 10 this morning but I think that fild him up couse he didnt eat his black worm this arvo so I didnt feed him tonight LOL his a bit of a Buffet Betta LOL

Cheers

Les

I sware its the Banana that dose it, the effect of the tea dont take long to be seen I did stop using it on the other fish for a while but kept it up on the VT girls and lots of water changes and my god they are huge when I get more giants I will try it on them as I do think it helps with the growth rate they are much biger than a male that was bought at the same time and had the same amount of water changes and food but no Banana tea but thats for another thread LOL

Cheers

Les

Sorry got busy I have niece and nephew living across the road now so its gotten a bit hectic till they are trained a bit

Yes to subwassatang it grows like a weed

No to the Java fern it is conected to cotton and the cotton is conected to a stick under the gravel If I took a picture now you would see that some roots have made it to the gravel and have ancord it but the rizome is well above its just my crapy pics that dont show things quite that well

Cheers

Les

PS Ray I am sorting the gingers this week OK

Sorry to go off topic but did you just use normal banana leaves? I'm going to plant some lady fingers so that could be my third use for them :) (permaculture thing)

Hey Matt, I thought I had posted on this, but must have been in my head. Not sure about Les, but I make my banana leaf tea for the bettas out of Lady Finger banana leaves.

HI All

I make my banana tea with three banana leaves(Canarvan) three or four pandanus leaves and four AIL leaves thats what I have now realy sets them off I can have them in the mood in three days with that recipe

Cheers

Les