contemplating natives

forever_and_a_day

at the end of the year I'm thinking of setting up a ~40 cm native tank, with Darwin Red Nose Shrimp and

spotted blue eyes. Will this work? the blue eyes have a max of 4cm according to the aquagreen fact sheet,

but I can't seem to figure out what size the Darwin Red Nose Shrimp will get. help? will the shrimplets

get eaten? (some i expect will)

I'm thinking a school of maybe 6 blue eyes? dunno about shrimp numbers yet. will this bio load be feasible

with a sponge filter and lots of low-light plants? (java fern + mosses most likely)

suggestions?

haven't bought a tank yet. this is all very up in the air. I'm thinking a 40x30x30 ish tank.

and yeah DRN don't look easy at all :( I still might get a few though. they look too cool to

resist :P does anyone know if they will interbreed with chameleon shrimp? (because I know they

should breed readily in freshwater, but if there's a risk of hybridization, I don't want to keep

them together)

and yeah, the spotter blue eyes are gorgeous. didn't think our natives were that pretty :D

I think 6 would be fine in there :)

I think they have different breeding methods so I don't think they would cross, no one on AL has said anything about it and if there was a chance they would be talking about it I think... Maybe email Dave just incase.

I like the delicate blue eye best, I really don't like most natives, espicially the rainbows, they look like they are deformed.