*sigh*

Shaun85

I saved a red male veil tale from the lfs today who was in a martini glass, i put him in my community tank in wihch i have not had any issues in the past with and now he is missing lol. Bit disappointed i cant find him and hate to think the worst :( his name was Spike lol

OK shaun this is only a frendly word of advice dont put fish straight in to your comunity tank when you first get them home have a small container like a quarentine tank so that they can remain isolated until you are sure your new purchase is free of any desease that may be transmitted to other fish its a good habit to get in to

and on another note I am sure your heart is in the right place by saving that poor VT fella but in buying it do you think it will stop the owner of the LFS from poping another in to that empty martini glass as it worked for him last time couse you bought it I am definatly not having a go at you rescue but somtimes when we think we are doing good we seem to be only encouraging bad fish management

I wish you All the best in you Betta Keeping

Cheers

Les

Yes i know you not having a go at me lol, I just wish i could find him :( Its like playing wheres wally cause he wasnt a small fish and i Just cant see him anywhere *sigh*

In regards to your suggestion for a container for quarantine tankdo you jsut mean with water and no filter and stuff cause i dont have any other tanks i could quarantine a fish in :(

If its just for Betta you could float a container in your tank that way you wouldnt need a heater and a filter isnt esential if you change the water reguler that way you would know where he was and be able to moniter him for a quarentine period. as for disapering fry I think we have all had them at one stage or another to the point that Victoria Parnell (Betty Splendens) mentions them in her book its ammazing how far some can jump I have two VT girls that have cleared over a foot before and lived to tell the tail. I do hope he is in the tank though and you have just overlooked him

Cheers

les

Do another gentle search with the rocks, if he's wedged (they have a pen-chance for doing so) he won't be able to reach the surface for air.

That's my psychic 8ball - crystal gass ball reading / premonition.... keep in mind it might be a search for a limp grey body, not a sparkily coloured betta - they tend to drop a lot of colour when they cark it.

Having said that, last time these skills were tested I failed at picking lottery numbers.... so hopefully he's just playing funny-buggers with you.

-psychicNess

Well i have tragic news, I was searching again through the glass like a kid at an aquarium when i saw what i didnt want to see. A deceased fish's mouth and what appeared to be a spine or resembled one. Given the redness color of the mouth area i have strong beliefs that it may of been spike aka houdini who suffered an ill fate *sigh*. Kinda sad that i saved him from a tiny glass only for him to be killed in a peaceful community tank! _shakes fist in anger-