les

Red Copper Gold DT HM PK X Red Dragon (Jarrods Girl)

Well after finding that My DT pair was in fact a brother act and not wanting to induce any jail cell antics I set My sights on a female of a pair that Jarrod so kindly sent me and after two days of her in a chiney and him going crazy all over the top (ADD Betta) the job was done after releasing for about fifteen minets. Spawning lasted three approx hours she produced an ammazing amount of eggs and is now enjoying a well ernd rest she sustained no damage and was veryhelpfull to the male so for there maiden spawning it all went well. Amasive nest with lots of eggs

Cheers

les

PS Thanks Jarrod

And so the development of a Sym line has started

That's great to hear Les :D Well done! Gives me hope for when it comes time to spawn her sisters :)

@ Busmanpaul

Thanks Paul

@ Jarrod

If her sisters have as many eggs as she droped then you will have a fair few fry to deal with she just went large overnight when placed in the chimny I thought maby wait three or four days with short outings but no she was full and willing

Cheers

les

Well for some reasone I cant find the fry I am still feeding them and will do the first water change tomorrow but for the life of me cant see a thing. There is a lot of plants and leaves so maby with a few water changes I might start to notices somthing but in 2 foot tank with lots of Java moss who knows. It was this tank that another spawn went missing in you might call it my Bermuda triangle tank LOL

Hears to looking

Cheers

Les

Well i didnt know if the problem was the tank as this is the second spawn that I have had in it and I get tails only for them all to disapear so the tank has been pulled apart scraped and steralized and reglued and sealed and now I will reattemped this spawning with the same pair if it dosnt work I will use his brother to mate with her

Cheers

les

Let me get this right Les, you have had two fail spawns in a tank so you pulled apart the tank? Then re silconed it?

Completely?

Lol. If this is right, that's dedication. :-)

Good luck.

Oh no.... I'm gonna need a silicone factory ( or at least shares in one) to wipe away all my failed spawns...

Hope it all works out for you Les.

It's pretty Extreme, but you'd be suprized what lives in the crevaces... Those dark green creases between the shiny clear panes of glass can lurk our favorite mate velvet....

Inface when I was looking into the cumulus (zombie disease) learnt that it, and velvet (and others) can live in plants, substrate, even on glass, out of water and in the sun- for months, sitting in the shed- this is why you sterilize new eBay/second hand tanks.... Might br some method in Les' madness

Or maybe not.

x

Well I am realy trying to get this line up and running and with two spawns that hatched and where free swiming then dissapeir and I dont know the history of the tank and it was picked up off road side collect by my nabour and given to me so if its OCD then I have it and it will go well with my terrets :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: just kidding

Cheers

Les

Les, then if it is a streetside find then perhaps it is the best thing to do. Who knows why it ended up on the side of the street. When things go wrong all you can do is eliminate possible causes one by one.

I hope you get to the bottom of your invisible fry.

Thanks Jarrod

yes its just the elimination game and boy that takes time but at least I know its not going to be the tank this time around

Cheers

les

OK so this paor respawned again this morning started at 10.30 and finished at two so have now been seperated there where plenty of eggs so if I get tails and free swimmers it must have been the tank and so that will make all the following ruled out

1. Water (as other Betta are spawning succesfully in the same water)

2. Food (All the Betta are feed the same diet)

3. Tank as it has been compleatly taken apart and steralized and reformed sesoned (Viniger and water)

4. Heater as a brand new heater is now being used.

So that will only leave the fish them self and I will mate her to her brother when she is conditioned up just to check if it is the DTs fertility that is the problem

Cheers

Les

Thanks Deano

He is holding a vaery small nest at the moment no way near as big as it was this morning but I cant see any eggs that may have droped and he was feed well before he mated Just a waiting game now

Cheers

Les