Augmented Fish Reality

shadoh

I knew it was only a matter of time before they took over the world...

Augmented Fish Reality is an interactive installation of 5 rolling robotic fish-bowl sculptures designed to explore interspecies and transpecies communication. These sculptures allow Siamese Fighting fish to use intelligent hardware and software to move their robotic bowls - under their control. Siamese fighting fish have excellent eyes which allow them to see for great distances outside the water. They have color vision and seem to like the color yellow.

http://accad.osu.edu/~rinaldo/works/augmented/augmented.html

Edited by shadoh

So... It's a sculpture???

Funny... I was reading it and initially thought they had made robotic fish. Then I read that these fish "could move their robotic bowels" and thought whaaaa???? :blink:

Then realised there's no 'e' in bowls and figured out the fish tanks were robotic, the fish were real.

So... What happens in the end of the story? Do the fish interect with each other, people, form little gangs??? What happens??? I hate stories with no endings!!!

This is awesome, except after concentrating on the black website with white words i've got all stripy vision. That's annoying (note to self)

As an artistic interactive sculptural environment, you would imagine the artist would have done a bit more extensive study of the results... There's another of his works here: http://accad.osu.edu/~rinaldo/

But even in the description of the proposal/philosophy... it's about investigations not results - meh. That leaves the artist in me satisfied, and the fish keeper totally unsatisfied.

Great idea..... however I know exactly what my lot would do.

Beeline that mechanical bowl straight for the fridge/freezer and bail me up till I opened the door

-Ness

Those poor fish would be freeking out, I would compare it to an alien Abduction and its not like they could tell ther budies anyway as they arnt social so who will they talk it over with :confused: or maby its just called ART for want of calling it somything ells

Cheers

Les