DenningA.Rajit

Full moon betta

Hey all,

I was just curious about something. I was at my LFS before and we start talking betta and one of the topic that we talked about full moon betta.

I was wondering if anyone had come across a full moon betta.

Saw in youtube that its actually a Double tail Half moon betta.

Just wanting to know if anyone else had come across this as well.

Full moon betta

You don't see many around. I have one (no point with photos - he chewed his tail to a stump) I found mine on Aquabid :)

Where both lobes reach 180 deg each, the term full moon is used (2 x 180 =360) like a lot of terms (MG, Salamander, Half Sun etc) it is commonly misused...

Amen Brotha.

There's no more than 90-100 degrees on each of those lobes, so according to that definition - the orange man is incorrectly labeled.

My blue mong mong "ian" was similar - he had DT with 2 lobes that reached around 200 degrees........ then he started eating himself

-Ness

Okay. I am reviving this post once more which was posted up by myself a while back.

I am now thinking of experimenting a spawn of a HM DT male x with DT Show PK female.

Do you guys think that is a good idea?

I think mixing in short fin when your goal is full moon will set you back a lot further than you want. Much better to stick with the long fins. Find a good halfmoon female either single tail or double tail. DT to DT could result in a lot of deformities. But it will give you more to choose from for the next gen. It would be a good idea to build a line of single tails which carry the DT gene and work the single tail line in tandem.