Vale: Bye bye guys

Em

(if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it mods) It has not been a good week for me. "Lucky Phil", the orange black plakat from Phil passed away the night of the 22nd/23rd and last night "Ramses", my coppergold male from Najrick passed away as well. And one of my pet shop ladies did the jump for freedom onto the floor :lol: My morale is low right now and I keep wondering to myself did I do something wrong? Did I do water changes too much or too little? Did I feed too much or not enough? At least I still have my red babies. Tried to spawn Ramses but with no luck at all. Em (Keeping her head up)

Sorry to hear that Em, he was a beautiful fish :lol: Ive had 2 girls jump from their tanks onto the concrete in the same day this week. Luckily i went to check the fish at the right time and was able to save my neon marble HM female, she was dusty and all but survived. Then later that day my red hm female from Najrick jumped aswell, she was alive when i found her but died abit later. They are now not in that tank! Its a shame about the red girl because she picked up eggs and put them into the nest aswell :lol:

Oh no, now I feel that I'm the one jinxed as you have both lost fish from me. :lol: I'm sorry for both you losses, and Em I'm sure it's nothing you are doing wrong, sometimes fish just pass on for really no reason what's so ever. Don't beat yourself up to much. Najina

Thanks guys. I'm hoping nothing else bad is gonna happen. At the moment I'm trying to work out what to say to the council as to why my two 18 month old cats aren't registered under the Companion Animals Act thing... it cost about $300 when they were six months old to desex and microchipped. Now I find out I could be fined cause they weren't registered by that time... I should look them STRAIGHT in the eye and say "Try affording to pay a vet bill on Centrelink income". At least I can have as many bettas as I want without them putting an act on them!!

I jinxed myself. Poor Iris, the kitty who got over a tick just last week is back at the vet's. I was pulling out of the driveway to go downtown when I saw her limping away. Looks like a REALLY badly broken rear leg. Needless to say I'm sitting here in tears. NOT my week.

Brought any secondhand furniture into the house lately? That's what my psychic friend always asks me when I admit to a string of bad luck. Apparently furniture can be possessed. Who knew? I have a few eccentric friends. Yesterday, I had to save the parking inspector from a voodoo curse... but that's another story.

No second hand furniture bought recently, or should I say I haven't bought much lately (except pet food and human food) She's coming home for a few days to see if the blood flow and sensations return to her leg, on Wednesday she's back to the vet for either an operation to fix it or amputation (apparently cats live with it easier than dogs)

OMG what a horrid week! You should grab a good book, run a huge bubble bath and go lock yourself in the bathroom for a couple of hours. Don't forget the drink ;) I know it won't make the horrid things go away, but it will help you relax and destress a little :blush:

You should grab a good book, run a huge bubble bath and go lock yourself in the bathroom for a couple of hours. Don't forget the drink ;) I know it won't make the horrid things go away, but it will help you relax and destress a little

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would do that Mouse if 1) I didn't have a 2ft tank sitting in said bath tub and 2) That's where Iris will be resting... Then again I might move the tank out and just keep her quiet in the corner. As for the drink, a strong cordial will do me :blush:

Definately Murphy's Law though, I was going to put a deposit down on the cocker spaniel pup Monday. Will ring breeder tonight and ask if it can be put back till Tuesday (aka Dole Money day)

what a crap week. If you register the cats now it should be fine (if you can afford it). I got the same notification about both my dogs. But they are desexed so it cost bugger all to register them once I received the reminder/threat

Don't panic if your cat has to have the leg amputated. We found a 6 week old kitten that had been run over and smashed the shoulder. After 8 weeks in plaster the vet advised that the radial nerve had been severed and the leg would be useless, so we had it amputated. Tavvy (short for Traffic Accident Victim Very Young) never looked back. He could jump to the top of a standard door from a standing start. He was over 17 years old when he passed away. They get along just fine! as do most dogs. It's horses that don't do well on three legs. Hope your luck changes for the better soon.

Em, dont worry about a 3 legged cat. My adoptive cat, Norman, has a missing leg, missing eye and missing half ear. But he's still a darling who can catch birds... so now he doesn't have that sport anymore. Hope you're doing better now.

She gets to keep her leg for now, she has another week to get feeling back to some of the paw pads and to clear some goo from around the infected area. And if things couldn't get any worse my dog has run off during a storm we just had. :drool:

Archived