What's in Shadoh's spawn tank

shadoh

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male had a nest, female looked keen to get to boy, but no breeding stripes. Thought I'd let her out for a run to gauge how they reacted. Had bit of a chase, destroyed nest in the process. Female wedged herself under the heater and stayed there for an hour. Have re-jarred her and will see how they go. Water level is barely under the lip of the chimney. I figure she can jump/swim over it if she is ready, the same way the opaque girl did...

I just sat out on the balcony to have a cold one and noticed it looks like a full moon here. Is it full mooning tonight?

Thunderstorm threatening to break too with quite a few lightning flashes here in Sydney. These are good omens for a spawn, so fingers crossed for you. Any storms brewing up your way Jarrod?

Hmmm, maybe the black virgins need to observe the goings-on between the cougar and the excessively endowed boy.

*aware that this may be taken out of context and considered completely inappropriate... But... Who cares!!!*

I've just witnessed about 10 failed wraps between the dumbo male and opaque female. Dumbos huge fluttering appendages seem to be getting in the way. Girly slips out of his embrace and dumbo ends up stunning himself *lol*

You have to admire the girls perseverance.

Two hours later and they STILL can't get their wraps right. I'm off to bed and hope a miracle occurs while I am sleeping. It is a real shame if this doesn't work out as it will be the closest I have been to a successful spawn in around 5 months...

OK, next morning and nothing. I got my hopes up when I saw the female in the corner and the male hovering under the nest looking up... I grabbed the torch to have a look, but can't see any eggs. I'd have my doubts that they'd be fertilized anyway.

Just hoping that I am wrong. Will leave them in together as long as there is no fighting.

Awh Jarrod, I've been here poised to squeel horays for the dumbo!

keep your head up! they always surprise you... and I gots a new philosophy with the spawning - buy MORE TANKS and have several going at once!!!

Like sensei-Razzi said once "most spawns will fail"

Then you get all gooey when they do work!

x

Jarrod - I thought that my previous spawn attempts for my CTPK line were failed, but then I miraculously found a single fry after about 2 weeks.

I swore that their wraps were no good (I even posted a video of them and everyone was like :confused: ).

I hope you get a successful spawn soon :)

LMF - The difference here is that the wraps were so bad, the female didn't release ANY eggs :( Oh well...

I won't give up Jennie, just gets so frustrating seeing lots of people having spawning success and my pairs are not only failing, but I am losing my breeding stock one by one and can't do anything to stop it...

Thanks Nicola, both pairs have lost interest. Both males have destroyed their nests and are sitting in the corner of the tanks looking bored. Both females are in hiding. I'll put them back in their tanks and feed them up and try another time.

In the meantime.... S A L A M A N D E R

S U R P R I S E ! ! !

Yellow Salamander HM x Red Salamander Hm

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Edited by shadoh

Yes, that's right people.... Shadoh has another tail biter! Hoping to get a spawn out of him before I worry about his finnage...

Thanks Nicola! You got in before me :D I picked them up from someone today. Hope to spawn them before they lose their "Thai Magic"

They should be there. someone has a shipment that is out of quarantine. Things are a little backlogged at the moment, as she's short staffed. Try sending an email or phoning the store (don't call the mobile - she had it stolen by some lowlife)