What's in Shadoh's spawn tank

shadoh

Male has blown BIG nest and female looks like she has swallowed a marble. Looks like they will be released tomorrow. Wish them luck :) I'm very excited about this spawn.

Will set up the other spawn tank tomorrow. Thinking either the Balloon CT boy and the blue/yellow CT girl, or my grey dragon/yellow VT with my green dragon HMPK... Decisions....

Then again...I have been itching to breed my HM marble dragon pair....

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...but how many involve fish? Actually...don't even go there *lol*

Have released the black orchid female. After a little kiss chasey, the girl is hiding in the java moss watching the boy intently. The boy, after sulking for a minute or 2 in the corner with clamped fins, is now busy adding to the nest and trying to entice the girly back with a fishy hula.

One more failed spawn for this thread. Both fish lost interest towards the end and the female had too much fin damage for me to try jarring her up and trying again. Perhaps they are just too young and I was just too eager for a spawn. I also have another pair in the other spawn tank but nothing progressing. Female sitting near nest watching, but showing no interest in the male. At least she has minimal damage. Will let them go another day or two. Male already showing signs of losing interest.

Hi Jarrod

When I have a male that goes of the boil I do a water change and heavy AIL and he has normaly got a nest by the next day so try him with that it dosnt seem to help the girls though but thats a hormonal thing with the eggs ripening

Cheers

Les

OK... Back on the horse :)

I have set up 2 new spawns...

7-1.jpg

Spawn Tank #1 My Experimental Spawn

Male: Orange Marble HMPK

1-2.jpg

Female: Blue Marble DTHM

2-1.jpg

This may seem like an odd pairing choice, but let me explain my reasoning...

The females original partner (and sibling brother) was the tail chewing Orange DTHM male that recently died. I figure, since the HMPK male is orange as well, I should technically get some nice orange marble HM fry out of this pairing. The female will contribute to produce some nice big dorsaled fry with nice full tails. DT won't show up until F1, but I will have the advantage of possibly getting some DTPKs out of an F1 pairing that I can continue into my HMPK lines :D

Spawn Tank #2: The Marble Dragon HM Spawn...

5-1.jpg

(Photos in 10 mins, or next comment. Whichever comes first)

Male: Marble Dragon HM

I think this boy has changed AGAIN since his last photoshoot. He certainly doesn't look like he did in my avatar...

3-1.jpg

Female: Marble Dragon HM (sibling)

4-1.jpg

I am willing to do just about anything to get this pair to successfully spawn. I've tried them twice before with no luck. The last time, the female sustained heavy damage but thankfully she made a full recovery.

I have a feeling that pair #1 will be first to successfully spawn. The male is a proven breeder and a gentle partner. The female instantly got breeding stripes the minute she saw him...

If Bettas are anything like birds sometimes you go through the motions so many times, you just about pull your hair out. Then it happens. The reason we all keep doing this. Success! And all the frustraion is gone, sort of. lol

Hey Jarrod

Whats happening over there has the water changed or somthing? do you keep records of your water analasis? or is they water authority using somthing new can happen and they dont have to tell you

Cheers

les