Black Orichid CT

Fletch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear mate, I was hoping to see him change colours again. I've had plenty of fish cello out and have no illnesses, I honestly dont think the two are related. The symptoms you described to me last night regarding his fins sounded like an aggressive form of melt. It is exactly what happened to the first red rocket boy I had (melt symptoms, not the others) The way he went after food sure sounds like blindness.

realy sorry to hear that Busman Paul

you will be all right with the others I hope it will be intresting to watch his progeny develop as to wether it was marble or an ilness that coused the pigment change

Cheers

les

Heya Busman sorry to hear that mate.I happen to have one of my fish going through something similar.I have had this 'fading' happen to me a couple of times in the past,escpecially in marble bettas.Heres is the most recent;

xcel3dg297.jpg

xcel3dg281.jpg

xcel3dg323.jpg

xcel3dg317.jpg

cheers

Thanks everyone.

If it was fin melt and this disease is aggressive as we know, why are all the other fish ok? I would have thought others would have it as well. Especially by now.

Thoughts?

I should say what I am thinking.

This is a GUESS, but I am leaning towards him losing his color as the "marble" gene. But that gene is not the only one different to his siblings and maybe his immune system was weak or genetically his make up was weak. As he got older, he deteriated. His sight is the thing that stands out. Fin melt doesn't send em blind, does it?

I am thinking aloud here. I would like your ideas. This is hopefully a benefit to us all. Almost didn't post outcome of this guy but hey, this is how we learn, good and bad.