Black Orichid CT

Fletch

This guy is still changing. All fins now affected.

Have to be honest, he really stands out in the barracks now and is full of attitude. Wonder if any color will come back??

Only one to display this.

3e7097bf.jpg

0805e718.jpg

a08d58df.jpg

So, what do you really think????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like his topline and spread of dorsel and who knows where Marble leeds you it would be like having a new fish every three months LOL its a compelling Post as I am ealy looking forward to what he dose next

Cheers

Les

Interesting, I had some strange black fish in my salamander marble lot - but they all cello'd out really quickly - I called them the "gravel" kids, there were about 4 - needless to say they were pretty uninteresting..

Although your guy has a much cleaner looking black loss - there's still traces of where the black recently was - I really think he'll bring some marbled colour back - probably just not very much.

Interesting to note - and i'd happily keep him as a pet, but personally If I bought a black fish, I'd like it to stay that way!

Not a breeder in my eyes - just due to the pigment thing - but he's got tidy caudal form, and thank GOD he's not got cumulus!!!

-Ness

Thanks guys. Despite Shadohs objections, this guy will be a pet. Not destined for the spawn tank. :-). This is the guy we thought was sick.

I agree Ness, if I bought a black fish, I want it to stay black. This is one of the red devils, the other one went black all over.

I just thought I would record his progress. I am finding it interesting to say the least. I have never seen a black and white betta, maybe a white fish with a spot of black but not like this. Also never seen a cello CT so either way it should be good.

Start.

7a8b8258.jpg

Then

58fb34e9.jpg

Now.

3e7097bf.jpg

I originally posted in the clinic on the 14-8. That was the first sign of this.

So about 3 weeks to get to where we are now. :-)

@Sarah......he was ugly but I think he is looking better. Not sure if it is just the "freak" factor though. He does stand out in the barracks surrounded by black and red fish. :-).