New boys in town

Pyrefly

Stunning! I like the apache boy best. When I get back from holidays I have to set up a heap of betta tanks.

Stunning! You've made me decide I need to set up more tanks for my bettas :(:) I like the apache boy best. What is a MIDI FLOAT TANK may I ask?

I put her in for another little intro this afternoon, and while I was out he built a respectable nest in the corner of the tank.

Wanted to let them settle in for a bit first, but they look so keen to go that I've let her out for a run, and they're dancing around posturing as I type. :dance:

He hangs under the nest, staring at it.. adding a few token bubbles every time she wanders close, which she does at regular intervals..

He lets her get a look.. has a cosy wiggle.. then FLARES and sends her racing for cover..

Our boy is a rotten tease.

This is turning into a pre-spawn thread. I'm hopeful but.. not too hopeful.

Going about as well as the other attempts at the moment.. though he is just chasing her away from the nest, not beating the crap out of her. I'm going to leave them together for another day and see how things progress. Minimal rain forecast it seems, so can't count on that encouragement. But! Using a 50-50 mix of tap & rain water for these guys to achieve a lower PH. That and clingfilm over half the top of the tank seems to be extending the life of the bubbles!

Wish the fishies luck. I'm this close to showing them a video of how its done.