How to clean barracks?

Fletch

I now have one empty Aqua-one Barracks that could do with a good scrub. I will not be using it for a little while so am wondering what's the best way to scub it down. Lots of marks on the glass cubes, especially around the water level.

Any ideas or suggestions???

Thanks. :-)

The best way to get rid of that build up around the waterline is to use vinegar. Apply straight vinegar to the marks, leave it sit for 10-20 minutes, then scrub with a non-abrasive pad or cloth and rinse well. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times for each side

I've found leftover filter sponge the best for getting rid of grime and marks on glass. In fact I use a piece of filter sponge regularly to clean the glass on our shower door :lol: It doesn't seem to scratch the glass that I've noticed. Another alternative is an el cheapo toothbrush.

If you do use bleach though, just to be safe, you can fill up the tank and put water conditioner/dechlorinator.

After I wash my tanks with bleach, I always fill it up, use double to triple dose water conditioner, leave it for a couple of hours and empty it out. That way, you can be sure to remove the bleach.