A Tour Of Shadoh's Fishroom

shadoh

Very nice tanks and bettas you have! I was inspired by using terracotta pots.. since there were few hanging around in the house, I used it in my tank. It provides good hiding places for the boys!

What filter can you recommend for a 5 gallon divided tank? I'm using a small sponge filter with very little bubble (1 bubble per sec) but it seems stressing them.

And how often you do water changes?

• 3 months later...

In an effort to turn lemons into lemonade, I've decided to do a revamp of the fishroom.

I have had one of those snap lock shelving units slowly rotting away in my carport. The shelves were made of chipboard and had swelled with moisture and the galvanized metal was covered with some kind of scale like growth. I had planned on tossing it when we have the next hard rubbish collection day.

Last night I noticed that the current shelving I am using in the fishroom is overloaded and starting to buckle. My thoughts turned to the shelving unit in the carport and how I could fix it up. This morning I pulled the old shelving unit apart, took to the growth on the metal frame with a wire brush to clean it off, then headed to the hardware store to collect some pine to replace the chipboard shelves and some stain and spraypaint. Here is the result. I like it so much, I might make another one to use as bookshelves in the office...

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

Well, I finally got around to setting up the "new" shelves. Top shelf is a display tank. Second is another display tank and my soon to be shrimp tank. Third shelf is storage. Fourth has my spawn tanks (with new spawns set up). And bottom shelf is for aged water.

There is so much more room in there now. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner :)

3117eabb.jpg

5424da22.jpg

What chiller? Are you talking about the black thing next to the shelves? That's one of my stereo speakers *lol*

Don't think I'd need a chiller that big for the tiny tank I have set up (small tank second shelf...) Besides, you told me I wouldn't need a chiller... :)

Lol awkward haha I thought you were going to be getting into crystals or something and running a big shrimp rack that you are yet to tell us about *lol* It doesn't even look much like a chiller lol, I'm insane. Nope, cherries like it hot (or cold) lol