A Tour Of Shadoh's Fishroom

shadoh

So I was busy sorting out tanks and other stuff in the fishroom and decided to take a video of the finished result before it got messy again :)

A couple of points... Sorry about the floater in the dragon barracks - the boy had jumped out of his barracks and I found him half dried out, but still breathing. I scooped him straight up and put him back in the water. Somewhere between that and his closeup, he died :( Also, I have no idea why I called my halfmoon pair halftails. You can clearly see they have full tails *lol*

OK - On with the show...

Haha, I thought of someone, too! Must be a fish-person thing! :D

It's lovely - great setup! :applaud:

Um.. was that a choko I saw? Has Matt been around there recently? *lol* (woops.. just now I see you gave him a shout-out. Funnily enough it was one of the first things I noticed).

Loved when you were showing us the female CT that was partnered with the yellow CT - the pause between when you said "Yellow CT...... that won't breed". Sorry, I kinda found that slightly funny (not a laughing matter, promise), like you were editing out threats for the boy (later the Curse of the Fishroom). Yea, um.. I'll be quiet.

Have I mentioned I LOVE YOUR FISH?

Wow! What a privilege, can I have a G & T while I get my tour pleaaaaase?

SO lovely to see it all set up and lookin lovely, it's really like a backstage pass when you see someone else's fish setup.... I was watching it at work (no audio) till i saw your reflection talking! Now i'm no my iphone listening away... you DO sound like someone when you call the females "girlies" but I think imprinting is a good excuse for that!

AWH I just saw THE CURSE OF THE FISHROOM! (poor sod)

My god - what a setup - over 3 rooms... I'm beginning to feel like I need to expaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (it's a constant state of being)

(: Thanks Jarrod!

G&Ts and Martinis can be found on the tray at the end of the bar. Grab a glass and weave your way back into the tour group *lol*

Do it Ness! One room is not enough :D Kick out the housemates, bettas don't answer back, make unreasonable demands and are easier on the eye *lol*

I completely concur, however the housemate's abilities to access bank accounts and pay rent is an obviuos plus (at this stage, it wins out over good flaring and multi colours)

Can't wait for the G&T and tour in person one day!

My fishroom tour consists of standing still in front of a bookshelf.

Maybe I could get a laser pointer for my tours, oh ! that's a good idea!

x

Good idea about the laser pointer. Could make your fishus chase the beam around the tank or use it to teach them tricks, or you could just ply us with enough G&T that we feel like we are flying around the room and don't notice we are standing still *lol*

Free tour of my setup is always open to members of the forum... :)

OMG I got a shout out. Nice choko, it's ready to plant now :) mine got way to lanky I think he needs an update *lol* nice coleus :)

I am so jealous of your fish and your fish room! I only have one male betta now :( Your tempting me to get more!

We all know Matt never means what he says *lol* This time next month he will have more than 1 male betta. Otherwise he will have nothing to compete with at the Betta Australis table shows :D

PS: Matt, thanks for the choko tip. They need heaps of sun, right? Got the coleus cutting while I was shopping at Paddington on the weekend. I'm going to grab a lime green cutting when I go back :D

I'm hoping to get a custom tank built to hold a lot off males, I'm not going to breed though and soon my girls will be on the market. I think so, mine hasn't really taken off yet, I'm putting up a trellis for it this weekend, it's in the shade and growth is slow.

My coleus cuttings never grow, they rot :(

Next time I see you I have a cat nip seedling for you :)

Edited by Matt_95

Thanks for the info Matt. Nothing goes into the ground here without a thick layer of sugar cane mulch :D Wow, catnip! My cat will be your new best friend. I used to have a huge bush of it out the back near the fishroon. I saved literally thousands of the seeds when it started dying back, but could never get any to germinate...

I bought them both second hand. Actually, both were bought from different members here on the forum. They turn up from time to time on ebay. Watch the classifieds section on here too... They are called Aqua One Betta Barracks. Perfect for growing out young juvies, but not ideal for adult fish...