GIANT GUPPIES

melbournebetta

I saw some giant guppies in Thailand, and was wondering if anyone's seen them in Australia?

There's a link here to a photo of 'em

It's not always the case that bigger=better, but they're so BIG with all those frilly tails, I think I'd be tempted to get back into guppies if I could find some moster ones..........

Anyone?

-Ness

Hi Ness

So glad you put up a pic of the giant guppies I went looking for them after I read your Thia artical but the Internet started playing up.I have two Black girls that are about five and a half to six cm but no way have I ever seen a boy that big, where the boys and girls diffrent sizes like normal guppies/ the pic was great as well will have to see who has them.

Cheers

Les

• 2 months later...

This thread reminds me of a related one from a while back that mentioned European versus Australian/Asian Guppies : http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11729&st=0&p=126906&#entry126906

I have seen some Guppies with tails at least as large as those (actually larger, more halfmoon, and with longer dorsal fins) but only on regular sized Guppies. Oh, and only in Europe, never in Australia. :(