What are your breeding goals?

shadoh

Bev

The asian breeders breed crossed coppers with greens to get an intense matalic green. Then if you use a matalic green base with iridesent copper overlay you get gold and a very nice looking gold at that

Cheers

Les

Doesn't make sense to me, but OK. I would have thought it would be the same as if you put Steel and Turquoise together to get a brighter turquoise. Obviously things aren't as concrete in the world of betta genetics as I assumed. :confused:

Maybe it has something to do with the metallic gene that means the colours don't change the same way?

So combining the two would give you something like this?

SAM_2862.jpg

Edited by BettaObsessed

Hi Bev

your not rong its not as straight as it seems as ther are about four genes that can give you red but if you put two unrelated red together it dosnt mean that you will get all red as it might be a different red gene in each or it might be the same and blue and green are not controled by pigment but by the thicness of the guanine cristals in the epidermis and how the light is refracted from it I supose thats the exciting thing its a bit different to mendels genetics

Cheers

Les

Edited by les