kertaz

HM Copper X HM Teal

I was right. there was a copper version of that blue guy. The thing is, his spread isn't 180 yet.

Jar18.jpg

When I saw the clock: "oh, it's only 3:45PM, let's start changing waters for these guys"

*after water changes and feeding and made more 'card' to card the newly jarred*

Saw the clock once more: "what the.. it's 7:15 already!!* :lol:

Also found another blue coloured one with similar (but not the same) form but red ventral :cheer:

I might not be able to go on full-photos mode -yet-, though :lol:

Jarred 4 more today for a total of 24 jars.

Will jar around 4-8 more tomorrow depending how tired I am lol.

Edited by kertaz

Very nice copper boy, he'll easily reach halfmoon spread, and is that a hint of bf pattern I see on the anal fin? :drool:

really nice toplines in this spawn as well, nice work :)

Jarred 8 more today for a grand total of 32.. Water changes becoming time-consuming. Not that I hate it, but I didn't get any house work done on the day of water changes -.-

Thanks, MTS and Sara. I do hope he becomes 180 spread soon. But he's still rather timid to flare. He will sometimes flare, but most of the time got freaked out as the other betta flared at him. lol.

Sara: I didn't really notice the hint of Butterfly pattern in this one, until I look at it again. Lol. He does seem to have a vague hint of butterfly. Hope it's getting stronger :D

On a side note; here's one of the few that hold strong hint of butterfly (all pics below are all related to him):

Non-Flash:

bfly01.jpg

Flashed:

bfly02.jpg

Flashed #2:

bfly04.jpg

He also make admirable nest for his size:

bfly03.jpg

Happy to say that the copper boy mentioned on 101th post of this topic has reached 180 degrees. Though, he only flares to certain fish and still too timid to flare to some others.

I also found a 'unique' coloured one from the batch that I jarred a couple of days ago..

halfcolour2.jpg

Lol. You can basically see the 'border' of top half of his body (blue/teal) and the bottom half of his body (copper)

halfcolour1.jpg

Jarred some more and now have a total of 36.

Here's how the blue boy turned out 4 days after jarred. (the one on the post #91 and #94 of this topic). This is not his current pic of him, but this photo was taken around 6 days ago.

MegaMan.jpg

There's also another very similar to him. In both colour and form, but the dorsal was damaged when he was in growout tank and now in recovery.

Thanks deano and Busman.

This post marks the last update that this topic will receive.

I'd like to thank you all members who have viewed and taking the time to read and/or comments on this topic; as well as giving help to me in times of need. You guys rock! :D

Here's the update: The Cover Boy (read: copper). He's one of the coppers that's not exactly perfect, but caught my attention for some reason. His spread isn't 180, he got red wash, he hasn't build nest, at least he flared on his first debut on the net. :lol:

This spawn might actually pulls me to plakad -_- gotta resist the urge for now...

copper1.jpg

copper2.jpg

copper3.jpg

copper4.jpg

Thanks everyone! :cheer:

@MT Syndrome: The 'unique' one actually turning out pretty good. He got the caudal spread right and his finnage are improving. Not to mention he is super active. There isn't any female with that kind of colouration though.. Actually, he's the only one from the whole spawn that have split colour like that (that's why he's unique.)

@melbournebetta: Don't be surprised if they're smaller than you're expected :lol: I've been controlling their diet since they're jarred so they don't build up excess fat and stay slim! (especially the males :lol: ) It does make them grow slower but as long as they're healthy and active (hyperactive might be the better word), I can't ask anything else from them :)

Dont' worry, I'm used to midgets! You can see tallent in splendens from a young age (not like the horses I train, takes 6 years before you see how they're going to mature)

I just looked at my Salamander boys from a thousand years ago.... they're FINALLY "big fish" size!

x